Business is being considered as a strategic way to reach out to non-believers in China, but prayer is urgently needed, according to a leading Chinese Christian organization Christian Communication Inc.
During the monthly prayer meeting of CCI last week, participants have prayed for the cooperation between Mainland Chinese Christian businessmen and churches in terms of evangelism. Reliable sources reveal that many Christian fellowships have been set up by Mainland Chinese Christian businessmen in the coastal cities of China in these years, similar to those set up by Hong Kong Christian businessmen. Among them, the development of Wenzhou, Jiezhang is very hopeful. The fellowships, varying from a few dozen to a few hundred members in size, gather at 300-400 different meeting points.
Evangelism through businessmen is very advantageous due to a number of reasons. First of all, their offices or shops can be offered as a place for meeting avoiding the intervention of the authorities. Moreover, their businesses may become an effective outlet for distributing spiritual literature or resources to non-believers and believers.
The Christian teaching of serving can be applied fully to service businesses. Not only Christian businessmen offer exclusive services to customers as a witness for the Gospel, they may also preach the Gospel to the employees in training. Some Christian businessmen are even very active in social works and charity. Businesses like supermarkets and fashion boutiques often donate goods and clothes to the needy and are being testified by many.
As Christian businessmen continue to contribute to the advancement of the Gospel, churches and ministries in China are urged to give them stronger spiritual nurturing. Working in the secular world is considered a great challenge to faith, Christian businessmen must set up a firm foundation in faith, be able to keep their longing hearts for spiritual grace and service, so that they will not go weary and feel the sense of loneliness.
Here are some of the suggested prayer topics for Christian businessmen in Mainland China:
1. Pray for more Mainland Chinese Christian businessmen to be called and raised up so as to enhance church growth.
2. Pray that the Mainland Chinese Christian businessmen can be used by God more and co-work with churches to develop campus ministries, offer meeting points and distribute spiritual resources.
3. Pray that more Mainland Chinese Christian businessmen will bring the Gospel to the remote rural areas of China.
4. Pray that churches and ministries will offer training to Mainland Chinese Christian businessmen to strengthen them and give them wisdom.
5. Pray that the Mainland Chinese Christian businessmen can guard their hearts well with the teaching of the Lord, so that they will not fall into temptations in face of the challenges in the world.