Those that are playing WWE 2K15 were promised a lot of downloadable content (DLC) to really make the World Wrestling Entertainment come alive. Some of the DLC has been out, but a lot of it has not arrived to consoles as yet. According to Gamespot, here is the downloadable content that will be available for WWE 2K15, as well as the most recent news of WWE 2K15 DLC.
Accelerator, which gives players instant access to all unlockable content available in the game (excluding downloadable content), has been made available to players as of December 17, 2014, according to Inquistir for a price of $1.99.
These next three 2K Showcases are not yet available, and there is no news of their release date. These include:
2K Showcase: One More Match ($10)
- Story focused on the rivalry between WWE Superstars Randy Orton and Christian in 2011;
- Playable WWE Superstars: Christian, Randy Orton, Edge, Mark Henry and Sheamus;
- Playable arenas from 2011: SmackDown®, Extreme Rules, Over the Limit, and Capitol Punishment;
2K Showcase: Hall of Pain ($10)
- Story focused on top matches for WWE Superstar Mark Henry;
- Playable WWE Superstars: Mark Henry, Big Show, Kane, Jey Uso, Jimmy Uso, Sheamus, The Great Khali, Randy Orton, Daniel Bryan, and Ryback;
- Playable arenas: SmackDown (2011), Vengeance (2011), and WrestleMania 29;
2K Showcase: Path of the Warrior ($10)
- Story focused on the career of WWE Hall of Famer Ultimate Warrior;
- Playable WWE Hall of Famers: Ultimate Warrior, Hulk Hogan, Andre the Giant, and Sgt. Slaughter;
- Playable WWE Legends: Honky Tonk Man, Rick Rude, Macho King, and Colonel Mustafa;
- Playable WWE Superstars: Undertaker and Hunter Hearst Helmsley;
- Access to WWE Hall of Fame ring announcer Howard Finkel and WWE managers Jimmy Hart, Bobby Heenan, Paul Bearer, Sherri, Sid Justice, and General Adnan;
- Playable arenas: WrestleMania VI, VII and XII; SummerSlam (1988, 1990, and 1991); Saturday Night's Main Event XXIV and Madison Square Garden;
The WCW Pack ($8), which features playable WCW Superstars like Fit Finlay, Lord Steven Regal, Bam Bam Bigelow, Diamond Dallas Page, and Lex Luger, was the first DLC pack and went live on December 16, 2014, and was the only DLC for WWE released for 2014, according to Tech Times.
The NXT Arrival ($7) features playable NXT Superstars: JBL, Adam Rose, and The Ascension (Konnor and Victor) as well as playable NXT Diva: Emma. Like the 2K Showcases, there is no projected release date.
As for the New Moves Pack ($4), it features more than 30 new moves, including an alternate version of Sister Abigail (performed from the ring corner and made popular by Bray Wyatt) and Multiple Gut Wrenches (made popular by Cesaro). According to the official WWE 2K15 website, this New Moves pack has been released.
As for the WWE 2K15 DLC Pass ($25), this is available but some of the features might not be playable. The package includes the following:
- Access to exclusive playable WWE Diva Paige;
- Accelerator (access to all unlockable content available in the game);
- Access to all three 2K Showcase stories (One More Match, Hall of Pain, and Path of the Warrior)
Game Idealist reported that it looks like the access to WWE Diva Paige was unlocked on December 16, as well as some packs with Sting and Hulk Hogan, which are the same as the preorder packs of the video game. Game Idealist also reports that there were rumors of all the packs being released in April, but 2K community manager Marcus Stephenson said that was false in a tweet.
It is not known when these DLC packs will be released, as all sources seem to report to "early 2015". One can only speculate that this is some kind of delay, like the type of delay that had a late release date of WWE 2K15 to the Xbox One and PS4.
On a related note, Attack of the Fanboy states Marcus Stephenson wants player feedback in order to make WWE 2K16 much better. Many have given WWE 2K15 "mixed to negative reviews", and part of those were related to removal of many features as well as how the Season Pass was handled. There is sure to be a lot of criticisms of the DLC delays.