The popular mobile multiplayer online game Clash of Clans is enjoying a brand new update this week that features some important enhancements for Clan Wars in the game.
Now you can level up your clan by earning Clan XP in Clan Wars and show off some clan badges that are much more intricate than were previously available. A Clan Badge editor also allows further customization of the badges, including new patterns, backgrounds, and borders.
New Clan Perks allow several advantages, including the ability to request troops more often, donate more troops at a time, get automatic upgrades on donated troops, increase the loot bonus, and the ability to increase the storage capacity of your Clan Castle.
And if you were always bothered by the fact that you had to participate in every Clan War, you may be happy to hear that an opt-in/opt-out feature is now available to allow Clan leaders to pick who will and won't participate in each Clan War. The folks at Supercell even included a helpful video to show you exactly how the opt-in/opt-out feature works.
As this update is still soaking in for players, the Clash of Clans wiki is still full of dozens and dozens of players suggestions that the developers are considering. These suggestions include a special sparring area, mini games to fill time between wars, an offline mode, and much more.
Check out the complete update release notes from this most recent patch below for more information.
Clan Experience Levels!
* Level up your clan by earning Clan XP in Clan Wars
* Clan badges are now adorned with banners that showcase a Clan's level
* Clan levels grant perks, prestige and fancier badges and banners!
Gameplay balancing and upgrades
* Cannon level 13 packs a punch and takes a lot of damage!
* Healers no longer trigger air traps - just keep clear of Air Defense!
* Clan Castle troop deployment is no longer prevented by tapping on obstacles
Clan Wars Opt-in/Opt-out
* Clan leaders can now pick exactly who to take to every war!
* New profile setting shows other Clan members if you want to go to war
* Choose big or small wars, but larger wars can be worth more Clan XP
Power-up your Clan with Clan Perks
* Request troops more often and donate more troops at a time
* Get refunds and automatic upgrades on donated troops
* Increase your Clan War loot bonus and store more in your Clan Castle
* Clan perks unlock automatically and improve as you level up your Clan!
Clan badge editor
* Craft a clan badge with your choice of pattern, background and border
* Level up your Clan to unlock special borders for your clan badge!
Three ways to get Clan XP in Clan Wars:
* Get small amounts of Clan XP for defeating enemy War Bases
* Get larger amounts of Clan XP for accumulating enough stars during war
* Get a huge Clan XP bonus for winning the war!
Clash of Clans is currently available for free with in-game purchases for iOS and Android devices.