If you were looking for shiny new content to arrive on the Xbox 360 version of Minecraft with Title Update 21, you may be disappointed. But the good news is that the latest patch has nearly fixed all lingering bugs that were introduced with Title Update 20 back in January.
Console version developer 4J Studios tweeted earlier this year that TU21 will be "another bug fix update" in response to a player's question on Twitter. But since TU21 has launched on February 11, many more bugs have been discovered along the way. This isn't necessarily an unusual chain of events, as most new additions to any game will produce conflicts, but 4J Studios says that the remaining glitches should be fixed up with TU22.
In fact, the console version developer has assembled a post on the official forums that compiles all known bugs in TU21.
- Pistons are not placing correctly - Standing 2/3 blocks away (Depending on the direction) from the piston will allow the piston to be placed correctly.
- Players fall through the ground while riding a boat on land
- Items can't be quick moved while riding a horse - This also happens on PC but should be a quick fix.
- Trust Player options need to updated to include Leads/Horses
- Minecarts falls through blocks when being pushed up by Pistons
- Mining Animation is incorrect - We are aware of this issue and we are looking at ways to improve this.
- Lapis Lazuli texture is incorrect (Changed in 1.6.1)
- Passive mobs continue walking when they are more than 32 blocks away.
- Random water source blocks when water is being dispensed - As shown by Mumbo Jumbos Mob farm.
- Disabling "Fire Spreads" causes fire to never extinguish.
On Reddit, user broken_radio says that there are still several more bugs haunting the Xbox 360 version. "Parent here, 3 young children of mine have poured countless hours into Minecrafting worlds over the years," the user said. "Came home tonight and downloaded the new update, instantly something seemed off. For starters it wasn't giving me the option to add another local player before the game started, kind of odd but whatever. Next I noticed that the right thumbstick had lost all functionally, wtf. Logged out and tried another 360 game (Blood Dragon), worked fine."
But the user then tried to delete the update and go back to the previous, working version. Still, the bugs persisted. "To make things even weirder most of the game now looks 75% darker, all of their skins etc almost become difficult to see, and the worlds are all black. Super funky."
But it wasn't until the player deleted the update again and started an offline game that things fixed themselves. "Access to the right thumbstick returned, game colors were at the normal brightness level, all good. So am I the only lucky one with this problem? I couldn't find anything online similar to my situation. I have no idea what is going on and this game is pivotal to my kids young & boring lives. Please help!"
According to commenters, this is a bug that has been around for a long time and is solved by simply changing the gamma and controller sensitivity settings. "I don't know how this bug has persisted for so long, though... you'd think 4J would have fixed it by now," one commenter added.
Since then, TU22 has been added to the 360 version (CU10 for the Xbox One) on February 25 and 27, respectively. The new updates fixed everything from piston placement issues to the hit box size on baby zombies.
The PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, and PS Vita are all currently on version 1.14, identical to TU21 and released on February 11.