Relaymedia

Saudi Arabia Launches Military Operation Dubbed 'Packets Storm' Against Houthis In Yemen

( [email protected] ) Mar 26, 2015 07:59 PM EDT
Sources in Yemeni air force said that the airport runway in al-Dulaimi military air base in the capital Sanaa had completely destroyed during military operation led by Saudi Arabia and with the Alliance countries participation, which is dubbed "packets storm."

Saudi Ambassador in the United States announced yesterday evening that his country had launched a military operation on Yemen within a regional coalition of 10 States to defend the President Abed Rabbo Mansur Hadi Government against the Houthis.

"The operation confined so far on air raids on several targets, but the rest of the army are in mobilization case. The alliance also will do what is necessary to restore stability once again in Yemen," Ambassador Adel al-Jubair added in a press conference. This military operation aims to defend the legitimate Government and prevent Al Houthis' movement of control the country, through the Gulf Cooperation Council alliance (GCC) and other countries outside it.                                                                   

Sources in Yemeni air force said that the airport runway in al-Dulaimi military air base in the capital Sanaa had completely destroyed during military operation led by Saudi Arabia and with the Alliance countries participation, which is dubbed "packets storm."

Other eyewitnesses said that several rocket-propelled grenades from marauding warplanes had targeted the headquarters of 1st Armored Division, which was dominated by Houthi followers in September last year. "The Saudi air strikes represent aggression against Yemen, that's will drag the region to a fierce war." Mohammed Bukhaiti one of the leaders of al-Houthi movement in response to the raids.                 

Five-member countries in the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) were declared Thursday that it would protect Yemeni President Abd Rabbo Mansur Hadi from Al Houthis who are on the verge of seizing of Aden city his stronghold, which he resorted to it after his escape from capital Sanaa.

A statement issued by Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Qatar, Kuwait, "Our countries has decided responding to the request of President Abd Rabbo Mansur Hadi, president of the Republic of Yemen to protect the great Yemeni people from Houthis' aggression which they are a tool in the hands of foreign Powers, and their hands did not desist from tampering with the security and stability of Yemen."                                                                                                   

Egyptian Foreign Ministry said in a statement that "Egypt declares its support for the political and military step taken by supporting states for the legitimate government in Yemen in response to their request." The foreign ministry added, "We currently are coordinating with Saudi Arabia on the arrangements for Egyptian participation by air forces, naval forces and ground forces if necessary. That's will be in the context of the coalition work to preserve the Yemen unity and maintain the Arab states security."