Only a few days after the launch of the monster detective open world RPG The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt on May 19, game developer CD Projekt RED has announced the release of two free pieces of DLC about the adventures of Geralt, Techno Buffalo reported.
It added that CD Projekt RED provided details about "The Witcher 3's" latest DLC, which includes a new side quest and alternate costume for the character Yennefer.
- CONTRACT: MISSING MINERS: Miners from a small Skellige village are disappearing. Investigate and find out what's happening!
- ALTERNATIVE LOOK FOR YENNEFER: Check out this entirely new look for the mighty sorceress Yennefer of Vengerberg!
PlayStation Lifestyle has also released Xbox One edition's patch for the The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt following the two patches earlier released for the game's PC edition since the game's highly anticipated release. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt patch for PlayStation 4 (PS4) platform has been released initially in the EU (update 1.03) but it will soon be available in North America (update 1.02).
According to the report, the patch includes "bug fixes, graphical fixes, performance improvements during cutscenes and gameplay, and a larger loot pop-up window." The full list of the update is listed below:
- Corrects a bug where the player was able to shoot bolts at friendly NPCs.
- Corrects an issue related to Stamina regeneration while sprinting.
- Corrects a bug that could cause spontaneous combustion of gas clouds.
- Reduces spawn times for certain groups of NPCs.
- Blood particles will now properly appear on water surfaces after foes are killed.
- Corrects a visual effect in the Wandering in the Dark quest.
- Improves foliage behavior in scenes.
- Reduces foliage shadow popping.
- "Melltith" sword is visible again.
- Fixes some minor graphics bugs in gwent.
- Corrects some missing translations in localized versions.
- Improves performance, especially in cutscenes and during gameplay.
- Introduces a number of minor improvements in SFX.
- Fixes an issue that could have caused an infinite loading screen in certain circumstances in Wandering in the Dark quest.
- Corrects an issue in the dialogue system that might have caused rare instances of dialogue looping in certain scenes.
- Improves stability in gameplay and the UI, especially during games of gwent.
- Upgrading items included in gear sets no longer destroys rune sockets on said items.
- Fixes an occasional bug in the Journal in the Fake Papers quest.
- Enlarges the loot pop-up window in the UI.
ARS technical described The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt as "the slowest of slow burners," and cited a statement by CD Projekt Red that the game requires 200 hours to complete the game and explore the unprecedented world it has to offer.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt features an enormous number of side quests, but the storyline requires the player to devote the same amount of time they used to spend in earlier role-playing games. However, it commended CD Projekt Red for providing gorgeous characters and environment for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt that never fails to impress.
The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt is now available in all regions on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC platforms.