Loyal fans of the basketball simulation video game NBA 2K franchise will have the opportunity to play their favorite basketball heroes as the NBA 2K16, the 17th installment in the NBA 2K series and the successor to NBA 2K15, will be officially out on on September 29 on PlayStation 3 (PS3), PlayStation 4 (PS4), Xbox 360, Xbox One and Microsoft Windows platforms.
Gamers who will pre-order the video game can start playing their favorite players, including Golden State Warriors' Stephen Curry, Cleveland Cavaliers' LeBron James, Los Angeles Lakers' Kobe Bryant and others, starting September 25. NBA 2K is developed by Visual Concepts and published by 2K Sports.
Those who will pre-order the new National Basketball Association game thru authorized retailers will enable gamers to earn as much as 10,000 in virtual currency as well as the MyTeam VIP package, reported Online Social Media.
However, before you hit those keys and shoot those treys, here are some of the exciting features of the NBA 2K16 you probably don't know yet.
1. 2K Hoops Summit - This is probably the best features to be introduced in the upcoming NBA 2K16 franchise. Modeled after the Nike Hoops Summit, the 2K Hoops Summit allows some of the best foreign and American basketball players, who have not yet entered college, to showcase their talent for future draft.
To do this, game developer Visual Concepts has added prospective college players and the 2K community's shared creation to allow gamers a preview of the top and up-and-coming talents for their next NBA draft pick.
2. MyLeague Online - MyLeague is amongst the most favorite features in NBA 2K15, but this time, gamers will be able to take this mode online. In the online format, up to 30 gamers will have the opportunity to compete for basketball greatness in the MyLeague feature. All leagues in the online mode will be private and invite-only. It also allows flexible schedule to accommodate a player's own schedule.
3. SimCast Live - Good news for the gaming community. NBA 2K16 has improved the SimCast feature from its predecessor to allow players to act as coach and make decisions for his team during a simulated game. Players can use chips with their faces on them to be represented on the court during game time. Instead of watching the game unfold via text, players will have the opportunity to initiate on-court initiatives and provide game strategy.
4. Improved Stats - NBA 2K16 is taking a step further to provide better stat-tracking system than its predecessor. You will now have access to individual defensive field-goal percentage using advanced stats system.
5. Relocating Team - As a 'team owner,' players will now have the flexibility to move his team from their current city to a major North American city. You can actually move the Phoenix Suns from Phoenix, say to New York or Nevada. However, you have to pass certain criteria before you can relocate your team, including city population, overall fan interest, income, etc.
6. Division and Conference Realignment - Should the 'Commission' approves your decision to relocate your team, the MyLeague and MyGM system will properly integrate the teams in the NBA's two conferences and six divisions to keep a balanced schedule.
7. You Can Hire Staff - Just like in the NBA set-up, players will have the ability to poach head coaches and assistants from other team. Players will be able to speak with the staff they want to hire and present them with offers to join the team. You can also hire seasoned players to be included in your coaching or managerial staff. Now, let's see if I can convince Kobe Bryant to be my head coach.