Tickets for the mass led by Pope Francis on Benjamin Franklin Parkway have been handed out in 30 seconds. There were 10,000 spots - all of which are now gone. The free tickets were handed out on the first-serve basis at 8 pm ET on Wednesday.
Called the Festival of Families, the event can still be seen via live broadcast from the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) website.
A gathering will be held on Benjamin Franklin Parkway on Saturday, Sept. 26. Pope Francis will be speaking during the closing of the festival. This will be followed by a Papal Mass at the same location on Sunday, Sept. 27.
Non-ticket holders can still participate in the Benjamin Franklin Parkway event. However, the catch is that they must stand a quarter mile away from the main venue.
Before participating in the Festival of Families, Pope Francis will speak on immigration and religious freedom in front of Independence Hall. Tickets for the event have been handed out mainly to parishes with sizable immigrant congregants. The Pope's Independence Hall speech will also take place Saturday, Sept. 26.
Full Schedule for Pope's Visit to the U.S.
Starting September 23, Pope Francis will visit President Barrack Obama and members of the U.S. Congress. Afterwards, the Holy See will embark on a whirlwind tour of New York City and Philadelphia, before leaving for Rome on September 27.
The following is the full schedule of Pope Franics' visit as provided by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops:
Tuesday, September 22 (Washington, DC)
- 4:00 p.m. Arrival from Cuba at Joint Base Andrews
Wednesday, September 23 (Washington, DC)
- 9:15 a.m. Welcome ceremony and meeting with President Obama at the White House
- 11:30 a.m. Midday Prayer with the bishops of the United States, St. Matthew's Cathedral
- 4:15 p.m. Mass of Canonization of Junipero Serra, Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception
Thursday, September 24 (Washington, DC, New York City)
- 9:20 a.m. Address to Joint Meeting of the United States Congress
- 11:15 a.m. Visit to St. Patrick in the City and Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Washington
- 4:00 p.m. Depart from Joint Base Andrews
- 5:00 p.m. Arrival at John F. Kennedy International Airport
- 6:45 p.m. Evening Prayer (Vespers) at St. Patrick's Cathedral
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 25 (NEW YORK CITY)
- 8:30 a.m. Visit to the United Nations and Address to the United Nations General Assembly
- 11:30 a.m. Multi-religious service at 9/11 Memorial and Museum, World Trade Center
- 4:00 p.m. Visit to Our Lady Queen of Angels School, East Harlem
- 6:00 p.m. Mass at Madison Square Garden
Saturday, September 26 (New York City, Philadelphia)
- 8:40 a.m. Departure from John F. Kennedy International Airport
- 9:30 a.m. Arrival at Atlantic Aviation, Philadelphia
- 10:30 a.m. Mass at Cathedral Basilica of Sts. Peter and Paul, Philadelphia
- 4:45 p.m. Visit to Independence Mall
- 7:30 p.m. Visit to the Festival of Families Benjamin Franklin Parkway
Sunday, September 27 (Philadelphia)
- 9:15 a.m. Meeting with bishops at St. Martin's Chapel, St. Charles Borromeo Seminary
- 11:00 a.m. Visit to Curran-Fromhold Correctional Facility
- 4:00 p.m. Mass for the conclusion of the World Meeting of Families, Benjamin Franklin Parkway
- 7:00 p.m. Visit with organizers, volunteers and benefactors of the World Meeting of Families, Atlantic Aviation
- 8:00 p.m. Departure for Rome