In his first official state visit to the U.S., Pope Francis officiated the canonization of Spanish missionary Junipero Serra, the first canonization performed on U.S. soil, The Guardian reported.
The Pontiff led the mass of canonization held in Spanish at Washington DC's Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception.
Those who want to follow the visit of Pope Francis in the U.S., below are information on his schedule and how to watch livestreaming or on TV.
How to Watch Online, Livestreaming Schedule
The United States Conference of Catholic Bishop (USCCB) will provide live streaming coverage of all events of the Holy Father's visit, and video on demand for most events where he will be speaking, see the full schedule of events.
In addition, local television and radio stations may be providing live coverage. Check your local listings or your local diocese's communications office for details.
Mobile (smartphone or tablet)
- You can watch all livestreaming and video on demand as well as up to the minute news and photos from the USA Catholic Church app available for iOS and Android.
You can download the app for free by visiting www.USACatholic.Church. . . on your smartphone or tablet.
Official Schedule For Pope Francis' Visit to U.S.
Pope Francis Visits Washington D.C.
- Wednesday, September 23, 2015
- 9:15 a.m: White House Welcoming Ceremony and personal meeting with President Barack Obama
- 11:00 a.m. Papal Parade along the Ellipse and the National Mall
- 11:30 a.m: Midday Prayer with U.S. bishops at Saint Matthew's Cathedral in D.C.
- 4:15 p.m: Junipero Serra Canonization Mass at the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception
- Thursday, September 24, 2015
- 9:20 a.m: Arrival at Capitol
- 10 a.m. Speech to the Senate and House of Representatives (Joint Session of Congress)
- 11 a.m. Brief appearance on West Front of Capitol
- 11:15 a.m: Visit to St. Patrick's Catholic Church in D.C. and Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Washington
- 4 p.m: Departure for New York from Joint Base Andrews (D.C.)
- 5 p.m. Arrival at John F. Kennedy International Airport (New York)
- 6:45 p.m. Evening prayer at St. Patrick's Cathedral (New York)
Pope Francis Visits New York
- Friday, September 25, 2015
- 8:30 a.m United Nations General-Assembly
- 11:30 a.m Multi-religious service at 9/11 Memorial and Museum, World Trade Center
- 4 p.m. Visit to Our Lady Queen of Angels School in East Harlem
- 5 p.m. Papal motorcade through Central Park
- 6 p.m. Madison Square Garden Mass
Pope Francis Visits Philadelphia
- Saturday, September 26, 2015
- 8:40 a.m Departure for Philadelphia from John F. Kennedy International Airport
- 9:30 a.m Arrival in Atlantic Aviation hangar at Philadelphia International Airport Philadelphia
- 10:30 a.m Mass at Cathedral Basilica of Sts. Peter and Paul
- 4:45 p.m Visit to Independence Mall
- 7:30 p.m Visit to Festival of Families at Benjamin Franklin Parkway and Prayer Vigil with World Meeting of Families
- Sunday, September 27, 2015
- 9:15 a.m Papal meeting with Bishops at St. Martin's Chapel, St. Charles Borromeo Seminary
- 11 a.m Visit to Curran-Fromhold Correctional Facility
- 4 p.m Papal Mass for World Meeting of Families
- 7 p.m. Visit with organizers, volunteers and benefactors of the World Meeting of Families at Atlantic Aviation
- 8 p.m Departure for return to Rome