WWE 2K15 was quite a success last year, and this year, once all of the DLCs (downloadable contents) were released, and it is time once again to upgrade with WWE. WWE 2K16 will also have its share of DLC, along with a Season Pass. This is the latest on WWE 2K16 Release Dates, Roster, and New Features.
Most potential players of WWE 2K16 will want to know who is on the roster, and there are a lot of them. Some of the Divas might not be available in the game, but there is a full list on the WWE 2K16 home page.
According to Gotta Be Mobile, you cannot download a WWE 2K16 demo, but there is some special Wal-Mart event going down at specific locations for three to four hours. If you buy the game directly from Microsoft or Sony, you can pre-load the game, which downloads it to the console before the release date. This pre-load option allows the player to start playing the game without installing or downloading anything at midnight.
If you are looking for a midnight release party, you are in luck, but it could be eclipsed by the release of Halo 5: Guardians, which is occurring on the same day. Look at Gamestop and Best Buy stores for more information on that front.
According to PlayStation Lifestyle, the Season Pass will cost about $24.99. This pass will include this assortment of DLC packs that can be sold separately, and will be available in late 2015 and continue to be released into early 2016:
- Accelerator ($1.99): Players will gain instant access to all unlockable content available in the game, excluding the downloadable content.
- Legends Pack ($8.99): This allows the player to play as WWE Legends like Big Boss Man, Dusty Rhodes, Lita, Mr. Perfect, "Rowdy" Roddy Piper, and Trish Stratus.
- 2015 Hall of Fame Showcase ($9.99): This allows playable matches that include Playable matches include: "Macho Man" Randy Savage vs. Jake "The Snake" Roberts; Rikishi vs. The Rock; Alundra Blayze vs. Paige; Larry Zbyszko vs. Arn Anderson; Tatsumi Fujinami vs. Ric Flair; The Bushwhackers (Butch Miller and Luke Williams) vs. The Natural Disasters (Typhoon and Earthquake); The Outsiders (Kevin Nash and Scott Hall) vs. Harlem Heat (Booker T and Stevie Ray).
- New Moves Pack ($3.99): The Player has access to over 30 new moves, including the Corner Enzuigiri (made popular by WWE Diva Nikki Bella), Avalanche Ram (made popular by WWE Diva Paige), Sidewinder Suplex (made popular by WWE and NXT Superstar Kevin Owens), StandingCrossfaceChickenwing (made popular by WWE Superstar Stardust) and Dragon Sleeper (made popular by NXT Superstar Finn Bálor).
- Future Stars Pack ($7.99): The player can be playable NXT superstars like Samoa Joe, Diego, Fernando, Blake and Murphy
Also available separately from the Season Pass is MyPlayer KickStart, which is exclusive to the PS4 and Xbox One. It costs $9.99, and allows the players instant access to boost created Superstar ratings and attributes in the game's MyCareer mode.
WWE 2K16 will also feature a companion app which will allow the user to upload his or her face into the game, and it will arrive on iOS and Android shortly after the game is released.
WWE 2K16 will be available to purchase on October 27, 2015 for the PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, and PS3. There are deals available if you get in now, like Amazon delivering $7 off if you are a member of their Prime service, and Dell offering a $15 eGift card towards any future purchase with a WWE 2K16 pre-order.