Many are looking forward to the release date of the Honda Civic 2016, including the LX, EX, EX-L, EX-T, and Touring Editions. There has finally been some news on the release date, and the 2016 Honda Civic will be in showrooms as of this month, and here is what is known about the Release Date, Specs, Price For LX, EX, EX-L, EX-T, and Touring Editions.
If you go to Honda's website, you will find a lot of information on the 10th Generation of Civic, you will find that "The Future of the Civic Family" is in shadows, but it does give details about several models, which are still being called "Concept." It does say that the Sedans are "coming this month", and according to Cars Direct, the MSRP for each vehicle trim is a bit higher than what the Honda site claims to be the starting price.
- LX: This one has a 2.0 Liter DOHC iVTEC 4-Cylinder Engine, Multi-Angle Rearview Camera, 5-inch color LCD Screen, Honda Sensing feature with a City/Highway Rating of 31/41 miles per gallon (mpg). For the LX with Manual Transmission and 2.0-liter engine, it is about $19,745, while the LX CVT 2.0 liter is at $18,640-$20,275.
- EX: The City/Highway Rating is the same as the LX, but it has some extras like a 7-inch Display Audio with Electrostatic Touchscreen, One-Touch Power Moonroof with Tilt Feature, Honda LaneWatch, Smart Entry, Remote Engin Star, Push Button Start, SMS Text Message Function, as well as Apple CarPlay and Google Android Auto. The EX CVT 2.0 liter has a price range of $21,040-$21,875.
- EX-L: Leather is the word for this version as it has Leather Trimmed Seats and Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel and Shift Knob. The Driver's Seat has an 8-way Power Adjustment, and there is an Automatic Dimming Rearview Mirror. The EX-L CVT 1.5 Liter Turbo has a price range of $23,700-$24,535.
- EX-T: This version has a 1.5 Liter Turbocharged and Intercooled DOHC 4-Cylinder engine, Dual-Zone Automatic Climate Control System, Heated Front Seats, plus Sirius XM Radio and HD Radio. It has a slightly boosted City/Highway Rating at 31/42 mpg, which is the same as the remaining versions. This EX-T CVT 1.5 liter Turbo has a price range of $22,000-$23,035.
- Touring: This edition has LED headlights, Heated Outboard Rear Seats, Front Passenger's Seat wit 4-Way Power Adjustment, Rain-Sensing Windshield Wipers, and 450-Watt Premium Audio System with ten speakers, including a subwoofer. The cost range of the Touring CVT with 1.5 Liter Turbo is approximate $26,500-$27,335.
These sedans will debut first, followed by the coupe, then the hatchback in 2016. There is also expected to be a Civic Type R 5-door performance hatchback powered by a 2.0-liter turbo producing 306 hp. There will be no Civic Hybrid or Civic Natural Gas for 2015.
One of the biggest issues with the Honda Civic 2016 is the release date, and we only had something very vague with Fall 2015. Considering that it is Fall 2015 at the time of this writing, it seems like the Honda Civic for 2016 really should be here. Fortunately, we have a bit more news on that front as the O'Neill Honda of Kansas states that 2016 Civic is expected to arrive in their showroom sometime in the month of November. It means that we're looking at 2016 Honda Civics on the road by the end of 2015, which is precisely what Honda enthusiasts want for Christmas.