Toyota wants to put out something special by celebrating the 50th Anniversary model of the 2016 Toyota Corolla. With the golden anniversary, Toyota will pull out all the stops on the eleventh generation of this automobile. This is everything that is known about the Toyota Corolla 2016 Release Date, Specs, and Price.
According to Toyota Cars 2016, there weren't that many changes done to the 2016 Corolla model, but a few notable exterior changes included a "nicely rounded layout", small grille, large lower air intake up front and a set of complex tail-lights.
For the interior, there are fabric-trimmed seats or SofTex seats, with two-tone color options when it comes to dash and door panels. There is also a 6.1-inch touchscreen infotainment package that is standard in all but the entry-level models.
The 2016 Toyota Corolla comes in many models, which can be viewed on the Toyota site. They all have a 1.8 L 4-Cylinder engine, with varying features that affect the price:
- L Model: This is available in 6-Speed Manual for $17,230 or Automatic for $17,830. It's estimated mpg is 28/37. It has basic standard features like Bluetooth Connectivity, USB port, LED Headlights, LED Daytime Running Lights, Power Windows, Eight airbags, and a Star Safety System.
- LE Model: Available in CVT starting at $18,665, Plus CVT for $19,065, or Premium CVT for $22,125. It's estimated mpg is at 29/38. This model is a step above the L with an Entune Audio with 6.1-in touchscreen display, integrated backup camera, remote keyless entry, automatic climate control, available driver and front passenger SofTex-trimmed heated seats and available 8-way power driver's seat.
- LE Eco Model: Available in CVT starting at $19,065, Plus CVT for $19,765, or Premium CVT for $22,825. This is the most fuel-efficient of the models at 30/42 estimated mpg. It also comes with Valvematic engine technology, rear spoiler, 16 inch aerodynamically designed alloy wheels, available Smart Key System, and Available Entune Premium Audio with Integrated Navigation and App Suite.
- S Model: Available in CVT starting at $19,295, Plus with 6-Speed Manual at $21,595, It's estimated mpg is 29/37. Plus CVT at $19,995, or Premium CVT at $23,055. This has a unique piano-black front grille, rear spoiler, available 17-inch alloy wheels, integrated fog lights, chrome-tipped exhaust, and leather-trimmed steering wheel with audio and phone controls.
- Special Edition is starting at $20,635. It's estimated mpg is 29/37. This would be the granddaddy of the collection with unique 17-inch alloy wheels, an "absolutely Red" color, Smart Key System, customized interior, and Special Edition floor mats.
Other features that come standard include eight airbags, and the Corolla car was ranked "Most Dependable Compact Car" by J.D. Power. It has been said that 90 percent of all Corollas are still being driven, so that is a lot to live up to.
The 2016 Toyota Corolla is available for purchase now at your local Toyota Dealer. If you are having trouble finding one, head to the Toyota Dealers page and find one within your zip code.