A series of attacks in Paris launched by terrorist group Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) resulted in the death of hundreds of innocent victims. The month of November saw the demise of hapless citizens who were simply at the wrong place and at the wrong time when attackers and suicide bombers delivered an onslaught of explosions across the city. These attacks pushed the Paris officials to declare the area to be under a state of emergency.
Apart from the repercussions of these attacks to the political and social system of Paris, the explosions and senseless killings left hundreds of families mourning their loved ones who succumbed to the terrorists' actions. In this time of need and confusion, people who deal with pain from the losses they incurred could take refuge from the words of the Bible.
Bible verses on peace
1. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:7)
2. If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. (Romans 12:18)
3. The people who walked in darkness have seen a great light; those who dwelt in a land of deep darkness, on them has light shined. You have multiplied the nation; you have increased its joy; they rejoice before you as with joy at the harvest, as they are glad when they divide the spoil. For the yoke of his burden, and the staff for his shoulder, the rod of his oppressor, you have broken as on the day of Midian. For every boot of the tramping warrior in battle tumult and every garment rolled in blood will be burned as fuel for the fire. For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. (Isaiah 9:2-6)
4. But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed. (Isaiah 53:5)
5. What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, and one of you says to them, "Go in peace, be warmed and filled," without giving them the things needed for the body, what good is that? So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead. But someone will say, "You have faith and I have works." Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith by my works. (James 2:14-24)
Scriptures on healing
1. Cast your burden on the LORD, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved. (Psalms 55:22)
2. I will lift up my hands toward your commandments, which I love, and I will meditate on your statutes. Remember your word to your servant, in which you have made me hope. This is my comfort in my affliction, that your promise gives me life. The insolent utterly deride me, but I do not turn away from your law. When I think of your rules from of old, I take comfort, O LORD. (Psalms 119:48-52)
3. The LORD is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble; he knows those who take refuge in him. (Nahum 1:7)
4. You who have made me see many troubles and calamities will revive me again; from the depths of the earth you will bring me up again. You will increase my greatness and comfort me again. (Psalms 71:20-21)
5. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever, even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, for he dwells with you and will be in you."I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you" (John 14:16-18)