The big update on Clash of Clans rolled out on the December 10. Town Hall saw all the new features of the new hero- the Grand Warden, the lava-like castle and walls, and the Eagle Artillery. There has been the usual bugs and such that come out with an update, and hopefully, game players will see a fix to the bugs soon.
There were a couple of bugs that look like they've been fixed according to the sticky note thread on Supercell's forum. This thread was last edited four days ago. There are 144 pages of complaints on this thread, and some of the complaints differ from the original sticky note- such as slow loading of the game, and Personal Break warnings popping up during War Attacks.
Some other issues that people are having with the game-
- Some Android users were having difficulty updating the app. If this is a problem, they should go to Applications> then Google Play Store> and Clear Cache
- The defenses that use Elixir to recharge, such as X-Bows and Infernos, under construction, would cause the app to crash when the Town Hall was tapped on.
- Clan Castles below level 4 does not show "full" notification even if it's full.
- Old troop requests that were in CC stream before the new version are able to receive one dark spell (CC level 1-3 requests after the update cannot request dark spells).
- The level 1 Grand Warden is not being shown on players' profiles when they are built.
- The Shield Cooldowns are wrong in some cases.
- When a player is in "My league," their own entries are not highlighted.
- The "Request" bubble is not shown on top of the Clan Castle even though Castle is not filled.
- The game crashes when players try to do War donations to Clan Castles. A note was added that when Barracks or Spell Factories are upgrading, the game will crash while trying to donate.
Many players are merely complaining about the new shield situation. In the past, it was easy to farm coins and elixir by putting the Town Hall outside of the walls so players could get a long shield with minimum loot lost. Supercell wanted players to be able to attack more, so they rolled out the new gameplay that required a higher percentage of destruction to the village to get a longer shield.
There is a huge outcry of the casual Clash of Clans players, and threats to boycott the game have appeared on their forums- as well as a petition on Change.org started. The petition asks Supercell to "reverse the new shield system before you kill the game completely." There are 200 signatures at the time this article was written.
In the past, Clash of Clans had a Christmas update with a snow theme and items like presents and Christmas trees. TimmyEatWorld from Allclash.com hints that maybe we could see an update to the game with bug fixes and the Christmas theme. Otherwise, he says that we might not see an update for a couple of months.
Weigh in with your thoughts on the new update below!