In the past few years, a term of "binge watch" has become a buzzword for shows that are very entertaining to watch in large doses. Perhaps it is because we spend a lot of time in front of the computer and want to watch content while we are looking at e-mail and Facebook. These are some of the top 10 TV shows to Binge Watch on Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, HBO Go, and where they can be found.
This is a list of the top TV shows to binge-watch, according to Ranker.
1) Breaking Bad. Not surprising that the saga of Walter White, cancer survivor and drug dealer, would make this list, as well as the top of the list. All 5 Seasons are available on Netflix now.
2) Dexter. Showtime's story of a serial killer who kills other serial killers lasted 8 seasons, and they are all available to stream on Netflix and Hulu Plus now.
3) Game of Thrones. This show is about to start its Season 6 at the end of this month, and episodes of past seasons are available on HBO GO.
4) The Walking Dead. Another popular show that is still going on, and Seasons 1-5 can be found on Netflix now. Season 6 is currently airing, so more recent episodes can be found on AMC website.
5) House of Cards. This one is on Netflix exclusively, with all 4 Seasons available.
6) Sherlock. Another one that is available on Netflix, at least for Seasons 1-3. Unlike other shows, which have seasons of 13-24 episodes per season, Sherlock only has 3 episodes per season but each episode is about one hour and thirty minutes long, making it feel like an actual movie. The recent movie that takes place in Victorian times, The Abominable Bride, is not available on Netflix yet.
7) Orange is the New Black. Another exclusive Netflix show, with Seasons 1-3 available, with Season 4 on the way this summer.
8) Lost. There was six seasons of this, and it is also available on Netflix.
9) House. FOX ran this show for 8 Seasons, and it is available on Netflix.
10) Friends. Netflix also has all 10 Seasons of the NBC ensemble comedy.
Okay, that is the popular vote, and I'm going to suggest shows that are also popular. Most of the animated ones I was able to find at Watch Cartoon Online.
Buffy The Vampire Slayer. There was seven seasons of this show on Netflix, with each season being a stand-alone chapter in this saga about a young woman who slays vampires.
Gravity Falls. Though it only lasted for two seasons with 20 episodes per, this animated show from Disney XD has a continuous storyline that concludes well, and every episode is filled with creative mysteries with a supernatural twist.
Avatar: The Last Airbender. This animated show is epic in its scale, taking place in a world where people possess the power to "bend" the four elements of water, air, fire, and earth. It lasted three seasons, but Its follow-up series The Legend of Korra was not well-received and the live-action adaption of the first season by M. Night Shyamalan, The Last Airbender, has been panned by fans.
Over the Garden Wall. This is a limited series on the Cartoon Network that is about ten episodes, each episode about 11 minutes long. The story is wrapped up very well at the end, and will hopefully not receive another season.
Parks and Recreation. This comedy about workers in an government institution lasted a good 7 years, and had a very great 7th season that wrapped up the show very well.
The Office. Like Parks and Recreation, the comedy was based in an office setting, and the use of mockumentary format works well. The show tapered in quality after Steve Carrell left, but the finale wraps it up well.
Firefly. Everyone who has watched this space fiction show wonders why Fox ever pulled the plug on it after only a half-season. Somehow, this show received a following, and all of its episodes as well as the movie Serenity are available on Netflix.
Doctor Who. Of course, this franchise has been going on for years. At this point, you are liking this science-fiction premise of a time-traveling doctor and his companions in a TARDIS or you don't, pure and simple.
Arrested Development. Again, this is a comedy show that had a huge following, and was probably cancelled before its time. All episodes are on Netflix, including a not-so-well-received Season 4.
Jessica Jones/Daredevil:. I can probably only recommend Season 1 of these shows. Season 1 of Jessica Jones feels more like a movie with 13 parts, and really works well. The same can be said of Daredevil Season 1, but Daredevil Season 2 had a decline.
24: This show probably made binge watching a thing, as Agent Jack Bauer was constantly given a day from hell as events would unfold in real-time. Each 24-episode season was a day from this life, and once you started, you couldn't stop.