The Center for Ministry and Leadership Development at Union Theological Seminary & Presbyterian School of Christian Education (Union-PSCE) will be offering Certification Program in Church Business Administration in cooperation with the National Association of Church Business Administration (NACBA) every other year on the campus of Union-PSCE.
Seminar I will be held this year, July 20 – July 30 and Seminar II will be held next year July 18-July 29.
NACBA is an interdenominational, professional, Christian organization which exists to train, certify, and provide resources for those serving in the field of church administration.
Graduate faculty from Union-PSCE, local colleges, and qualified business practitioners will be teaching the seminar sessions.
Both seminars I and II are required to complete in order to receive the certification. Upon completion of each seminar, Continuing Education Units (CEU’s) are awarded.
The listed requirements for becoming a Fellow in Church Business Administration include:
· attendance at seminars I and II at a NACBA approved center;
· completion of a written project that represents a responsible contribution to the field of church management;
· three years of continuous, full-time work experience as a church business administrator or related finance and administration church position;
· active NACBA membership for two years at the time of NACBA certification;
· submission of the application for certification, personal evaluations, and other administrative requirements.
For details, please call NACBA at 800-898-8085, or visit their website at http:// www.nacba.net