Supercell certainly had a hit with Clash of Clans, and the decided spin-off of Clash Royale has been a hit as well. One of the challenges that the game's creator has is to make changes in the game in an effort to make things more fair and balanced, as well as giving every player a chance to win.
According to Gotta Be Mobile, Supercell confirmed a brand new Tournament mode was going to come on July 4th. This update will be followed by "balancing tweaks" and potentially a lot more.
There are going to be a big wave of Tournaments that starts on the 4th of July. These will have a stronger Dark Knight, bigger Skeleton Armies, cheaper Goblin barrels in order to compliment Miner cycle decks as much more.
Today, we Supercell celebrates our Independence Day with a at least one new Arena to Clash Royale with Frozen Peak. This will be for players with 2,300 to 3,000 trophies. It is also Arena 8 and the Legendary Arena will now be 9, at 3,000 trophies like before.
Frozen Peak is about the ice, sort of like the ice level that is in every video game. There is a Wizard Tower and an Ice Tower. It was predicted that there is going to be another arena at 3,500 or 3,700 trophies to fix the reset problem, as well as something to balance out everything so players are not facing opponents far above their skill level.
In addition to the Frozen Peak, Supercell just announced four new cards, with three of them being troops and the other being the first Legendary spell. So, the first new troop is an Ice Spirit, sort of like the Fire Spirits that cost two Elixir. Clash Royale players will also have some access to the Bowler troop, throwing rocks at the enemies which can bounce and hurt multiple targets.
As for the Legendary Cards, there will be hard to get, and there will be the Lumberjack and the Log. The Lumberjack is the Legendary troop and carries and axe, and the Log is like a poison spell that will roll a log to slow down and take out troops.
The rest of the changes can be found on the Clash Royale site:
- Skeleton Army: Skeleton count increased to 21 (from 20)
- Goblin Barrel: Elixir cost decreased to 3 (from 4), Goblin deploy time increased to 1.2sec (from 1sec), removed impact damage
- Giant Skeleton: Damage increased by 20% (doesn't affect Death Damage)
- Dark Prince: Damage increased by 8%, no longer affected by pushback (e.g. when hit by Fireball)
- Bomber: Damage increased by 9%
- Wizard: Attack speed increased to 1.6sec (from 1.7sec)
- Inferno Tower: Hitpoints increased by 6%
- Elixir Collector: Now affected by slowing and speed up effects (Poison, Freeze, Zap, Rage, Ice Wizard)
- Tombstone: Hitpoints increased by 9%
- Bomb Tower: Hitpoints increased by 6%