In the wake of Paris attacks, many are apprehensive about what terror ISIS would do next and what country would be in the line of fire. The group, however, wanted the world to know that they plan to hit New York next.
After the chaos wrought by ISIS in France and the rest of the world and after the group admittedly killed 129 innocent people having fun on a Friday night, a new ISIS video has now surfaced, warning of a next big attack. This time, the group's target is said to be set in New York.
The video contained first of a footage of French President Francois Hollande declaring war against the group for the atrocities they committed on innocent people last Friday, Nov. 13, before shifting to a profile of a suicide bomber. The chilling video shows the man assembling a suicide bomb before strapping this to his waist. After this, he can be seen zipping up a bomber jacket and showing off the detonation device. What made the video more worrying was that as he walks away, scenes of Manhattan's Time Square were shown.
While the footage of New York is said to be old, interweaving this with President Hollande's declaration of war made many believe that this is ISIS threat against the United States. Still, NYPD spokesman J. Peter Donald reassured that there were "no credible threats" against the bustling city.
True or not, America is already very tensed and worried. The country had already been put on high alert after the Paris attacks and even more so when a series of security scares took place. Two flights to Paris were diverted because of bomb threats. First, Airbus A-380, which departed from Los Angeles, landed in Salt Lake City. Second is a separate flight from the Dulles International Airport outside Washington, D.C., which landed at Halifax International Airport in Nova Scotia.
Both planes have landed safely without anything happening, but the cases were still thoroughly investigated. In an official statement, Air France claimed that both of the flights were "subjects of anonymous threats received after their respective take-offs." Moreover, they had to request the landings of both aircraft as "a precautionary measure and to conduct all necessary security checks." Local authorities were tasked to investigate the aircraft, the passengers, and the luggage. They were also tasked to determine who made the phone calls.
On the part of the FBI, Special Agent Todd Plamer told CNN that the agency is hard at work to determine the "nature of the threats."