Thousands of Lutheran delegates, pastors and laypeople across the nation gathered in St. Louis, for the 62nd Regular Convention of The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod. The convention, which began on Saturday, July 10, will end on July 15.
Among the various resolutions that are scheduled to be submitted and discussed at the convention are issues concerning theology and higher education, including:
- The theology of the divine call;
- Establishing separate national boards for universities and seminaries;
- Changing the way boards of regents are elected;
- Decreasing the number of Concordia University System campuses;
- Affirming the need for two seminaries; and
- Increasing the number of Synod-certified teachers in schools operated by LCMS congregations
One of the main events that is happening at the convention is the exhibition. More than 70 exhibitors are participating in the Convention Exhibition Area in the St. Louis America's Center. Major exhibitors include the LCMS Foundation, Lutheran Church Extension Fund, Concordia Publishing House, Lutheran Hour Ministries, Concordia Universities and Seminaries, Recognized Service Organizations, and National Contract Suppliers.
Exhibit show hours are as follows:
Saturday July 10 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Sunday July 11 12 p.m.- 4 p.m.
Monday July 12 10 a.m.- 5 p.m.
Tuesday July 13 10 a.m.- 5 p.m.
Wednesday July 14 10 a.m.- 5 p.m.