The first ever YouTube Music Awards will be webcast live on Sunday, November 3 from Pier 36 in New York City. The show will start at 6 PM (ET), featuring performances by Lady Gaga, Eminem, Arcade Fire, M.I.A., Avicii and more. The webcast begins at 5 AM (ET) with other performances from Seoul, Moscow, London and Rio de Janeiro.
The award show, hosted by Jason Schwartzman and Reggie Watts, is also set to include various categories for awards. Nominees were chosen based on views over the past 12 months. Categories include Video of the Year, Artist of the Year, Response of the Year, YouTube Phenomenon, YouTube Breakthrough and Innovation of the Year.
The nominees for the these awards include major music stars such as Rihanna, Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga, as well as rising artists like PSY, Pentatonix, the Piano Guys and Lindsey Stirling.
Fans can vote here for their favorite artists.
Video of the Year: Nominees represent the videos with the most fan engagement on YouTube over the last year.
- Epic Rap Battles Of History -- "Barack Obama vs Mitt Romney"
- Demi Lovato -- "Heart Attack"
- Girls' Generation -- "I Got A Boy"
- Justin Bieber (feat. Nicki Minaj) -- "Beauty And A Beat"
- Lady Gaga -- "Applause"
- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis (feat. Mary Lambert) -- "Same Love"
- Miley Cyrus -- "We Can't Stop"
- One Direction -- "Best Song Ever"
- PSY -- "Gentleman"
- Selena Gomez -- "Come & Get It"
Artist of the Year: Focused on acts YouTube fans have made stars, nominees represent the most watched, shared, liked, and subscribed to artists.
- Epic Rap Battles
- Justin Bieber
- Katy Perry
- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
- Nicki Minaj
- One Direction
- Taylor Swift
Response of the Year: Best fan remix, parody or response video, these nominees represent the top "unofficial" fan videos on YouTube based on views, shares and other social activity.
- Boyce Avenue (feat. Fifth Harmony) -- "Mirrors
- Jayesslee -- "Gangnam Style"
- Lindsey Stirling and Pentatonix -- "Radioactive"
- ThePianoGuys -- "Titanium / Pavane"
- Walk Off the Earth (feat. KRNFX) -- "I Knew You Were Trouble"
YouTube Phenomenon: Nominees are based on the phenomena that generated the most fan videos.
- Gangnam Style
- Harlem Shake
- I Knew You Were Trouble
- Thrift Shop
YouTube Breakthrough: Focusing on breakout new acts, nominees represent the artists who experienced the biggest growth in views and subscribers.
- Kendrick Lamar
- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
- Naughty Boy
Innovation of the Year: Most creative and innovative music videos on YouTube.
- Anamanaguchi -- "ENDLESS FANTASY"
- Atoms For Peace -- "Ingenue"
- Bat For Lashes -- "Lilies"
- DeStorm -- "See Me Standing"
- Toro Y Moi -- "Say That"