When we last reported on the WWE 2K15 wrestling video game, we emphasized the delay of the DLC content release date. Now we have learned that one of the DLC packs, "Hall of Pain", has become available as of February 17th, according to an announcement by the developer.
In fact, we have some more information on the "Hall of Pain". The DLC will have the player be Mark Henry, a two-time Olympian and very muscular wrestler, face nine matches from the year 2011 to 2013, against some very big names in wrestling. Here is what they report the matches are, according to the International Business Times:
- July 17, 2011: Against Big Show featuring a shattered ankle with Mark Henry's steel chair move
- July 22, 2011: Against Kane, the second victim to get a broken leg
- Aug. 14, 2011: Against Sheamus in SummerSlam
- Sept. 18, 2011: Against Randy Orton to claim the World Heavyweight Championshsip
- Sept. 30, 2011: Against The Great Khali, who was victim of the steel chair and weighty takedown
- Oct. 23, 2011: Against the Big Show a second time, brought down by a superplex
- Dec. 2, 2011: Against Daniel Bryan, a.k.a Mr. Money in the Bank
- Mar. 25, 2013: Against The Usos, twin brothers Jimmy and Jey, winning a handicap 2-on-1 match on Monday Night Raw
- April 7, 2013: Against Ryback at WrestleMania 29
In addition to all of those matches, Hall of Pain also promises nine playable WWE superstars as well as three new arenas, Vengeance and Smackdown from 2011 and Wrestlemania 29. It will be available for a price of $10.
Of all the DLC Packs for WWE 2K15, only a few are available. The Accelerator pack gives players access to all unlockable content available in the game, and costs about $1.99. The WCW Pack features many playable WCW Superstars like Fit Finlay, Lord Steven Regal, Bam Bam Bigelow, Diamond Dallas Page, and Lex Luger, was the first DLC pack and went live on December 16, 2014, and was the only DLC for WWE released for 2014, according to Tech Times. The New Moves Pack costs $4 and features more than 30 new moves, including an alternate version of Sister Abigail (performed from the ring corner and made popular by Bray Wyatt) and Multiple Gut Wrenches (made popular by Cesaro). According to the official WWE 2K15 website, this New Moves pack has been released.
The other DLC content packs from the 2K Showcase series: "One More Match" and "Path of the Warrior" have yet to be released. It is possible to purchase a WWE 2K15 DLC Pass for $25 that will allow access to all of the DLC packs, even if some of them are not out yet. It also offers access to exclusive playable WWE Diva Paige.
It is not known when these other DLC packs will be released, as all sources seem to report to "early 2015". One can only speculate that this is some kind of delay, like the type of delay that had a late release date of WWE 2K15 to the Xbox One and PS4.