The 2016 Chevrolet Camaro Z2th 6th Generation will be finally hit the streets late this year as a 2016 model year vehicle. The all-new 2016 Camaro delivers higher levels of performance, technology and refinement that haven't been seen before on a Camaro and will rival the latest Mustang.
Engineers at Chevrolet completely overhauled the Camaro sports car in for the 2016 model in terms of design and engineering to present a sleeker body, a more powerful engine, and newer interior and exterior details.
"We expect it will set the new benchmark in the segment - and give a new generation of enthusiasts a reason to fall in love with Camaro", said Al Oppenheiser, Camaro chief engineer.
The 2016 Chevy Camaro will set you back $25,000 for the base model. Many industry experts believe the price is quite reasonable compared to the Camaro's closest competition, including the new Mustang and Toyota's new GT86.
Industry blogger GMA Authority disclosed the following details about the performance and engine of the new 2016 Chevy Camaro:
- Vehicle mass has been reduced by 200 pounds or more, depending on the model, creating a more nimble, responsive driving experience
- Most efficient Camaro ever, with a new 2.0L I4 LTG turbo SAE-certified at 275 horsepower (205 kW) and 295 pound-feet (400 Nm) of torque that delivers more than a GM-estimated 30 mpg on the highway, and 0-60 mph acceleration well under 6 seconds
- Efficient performance in a new 3.6L V6 LGX featuring direct injection, continuously variable valve timing and, for the first time, Active Fuel Management (cylinder deactivation) on a six cylinder. The motor makes an SAE-certified 335 horsepower (250 kW) and 284 pound-feet of torque (385 Nm) for the highest specific output of any naturally aspirated V6 in the segment
- The most powerful Camaro SS ever, with a new 6.2L LT1 direct-injected Small Block V8 rated at 455 horsepower (339 kW) and 455 pound-feet of torque (617 Nm)
- Magnetic Ride Control active suspension available on Camaro SS for the first time
- With improved handling and performance, the Camaro SS delivers better lap times than the fifth-generation's track-focused Camaro 1LE package
Additional improvements on the 2016 Chevy Camaro includes a smaller grille similar to the second generation of Camaro and smaller and wider headlight. The design of the new Camaro features a lower top giving you a better driving experience than the previous generation, said 2016 Car Reviews.
The new 2016 Chevy Camaro will be sporting a different platform chassis that features an independent suspension with the brakes provided by Brembo to give a marked improved from the previous versions of the car. The chassis of the 6th Generation Camaro is lighter than 200 pounds and more rigid compared to the previous models, added the report.
If you want to know more about the 2016 Chevy Camaro, please watch this attached video.