The regular season of the NFL 2015 Season officially starts this week, but teams have made some last minutes trades to beef up their line up. Over the last 48 hours, several team have announced cuts and waiver pick ups.
Here are the latest movements according to NFL.com:
1. The Cleveland Browns pulled the plug on Terrance West on Sunday after sending him to the Titans for a conditional 2016 draft pick.
West will join Bishop Sankey and pass-catching back Dexter McCluster in the Titans' backfield, in what is sure to be a running back-by-committee approach in 2015. Cleveland moved up in the draft last year to select West in the third round.
2. The Cowboys added to their running back committee Sunday with intriguing back Christine Michael. Dallas sent an undisclosed draft pick to Seattle for Michael, who never became a serviceable backup to Marshawn Lynch.
According to the Dallas Cowboy's official web site, the team would surrender its conditional 2016 draft pick for Michael. The trade gives them four running backs and a fullback on the current roster, as they kept Joe Randle, Darren McFadden, Lance Dunbar and Tyler Clutts at the deadline.
To make room for Michael on the 53-man roster, the Cowboys released defensive end Lavar Edwards, who made the initial cut on Saturday. That roster move brings the Cowboys down to 10 men on their defensive line. They released Ben Gardner and Efe Obada on Saturday, in addition to Edwards on Sunday.
3. The San Francisco 49ers acquired Nick Easton, a rookie center, from Baltimore in exchange for a conditional seventh-round selection in the 2016 draft, the Ravens announced Saturday.
Easton, a Harvard grad who was first-team All-Ivy League in 2014, could help shore up what has been a shaky center position for Jim Tomsula's squad.
4. The Seattle Seahawks traded for Chiefs safety Kelcie McCray on Saturday. It cost them a fifth-round draft pick, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported, according to a source informed of the deal.
It marked the second time in a little more than a year that the 6-foot-1, 26-year-old undrafted free agent out of Arkansas State had been traded.
5. One of the more high-profile moves involved Tennessee parting ways with 29-year-old guard Andy Levitre. Levitre was shipped to the Atlanta Falcons in exchange for a sixth-round draft pick and a future conditional selection, the Titans announced.
Also on Sunday, the Titans and Browns announced a trade involving Terrance West who will be traded to Tennessee in return for a 2016 conditional draft pick, reported Sporting News.