The Chinese House Church Alliance has declared its development and vision recently, reaffirming its commitment to serve the multitude of house churches despite of persecutions from the Chinese government.
Dated Jan. 28, the English version of the statement from the Chinese House Church Alliance was translated and published through the U.S.-based Chinese Christian persecution watchdog China Aid Associated (CAA) on Feb. 10.
The Alliance has defined ten major areas of work that needs to be developed in Mainland China, namely biblical education, service for street urchins, building up churches, home for the elderly, literary work, youth service, mission in the minority nationalities regions, support for North Korean refugees, legal counseling and assistance service as well as external mission.
The Alliance suggested that biblical education is a biggest need of all churches in China, especially for the church leaders and young believers. Most of them lack the opportunity of receiving systematic and comprehensive theological education, and thus face significant challenges in their service.
In terms of church planting, the Alliance has set up goals to establish 1,000 churches in the year 2006. All pastors will be involved in building up churches.
Youth work and elderly house are some of the other two main concerns of the Alliance. Under the existing religious law in China, preaching to people under aged 18 is prohibited but there are 300 million children in China, thus there is a huge demand for the education of these children. Through spreading the seed of the Gospel among the second generations, the Church in China can develop even more in the future.
In China, 15 percent of the population is around the age of 60. However, many of them are not being taken care of by their children due to the fall in morality. The Alliance aims to provide homes for the elderly and to preach the Gospel to them. It was found that 90 percent of the old people have accepted Jesus Christ after admission to the Home for the Elderly.
Concerning mission outside of China, the Alliance will start ministries with the North Korean refugees. Two millions North Koreans have fled their country to the northeast region of China at the borders. The Alliance is also envisioned to bring the Gospel to the ends of the earth. It hopes to prepare missionaries to work in the Arabic and other un-reached nations.
Alongside with the development plan and vision of the Chinese House Church Alliance, the confession of faith of all the Chinese house churches is being presented in the statement. Here is the full text:
The Confession of Faith of China House Church Alliance
(1) The Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, to be the inspired Word of God, without error in the original writings, the complete revelation of His will for the salvation of men, and the Divine and final authority for Christian faith and life.
(2) In one God, existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. God is the Creator of all things, and the Sustainer of all things; He is the Lord of history and the world. He is the Judge and Savior.
(3) That Jesus Christ is true God and true man, having been conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. He died on the cross, a sacrifice for our sins, resurrected and arose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven, where, at the right hand of the Majesty on High, He is now our High Priest and Advocate. Jesus came to demonstrate love and righteousness of God, to bring us into reconciliation with God. Anything or any man which attempt to replace Jesus or to be equal to Jesus is an idol.
(4) The ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ and, to convict men, regenerate the believing sinner, and indwell, guide, instruct and empower the believer for godly living and service as witness.
(5) That man was created in the image of God but fell into sin in Adam, man needs delivery of God, and only through regeneration by the Holy Spirit and through believing in Jesus Christ can man be righteous and reconciled to God. All men, regardless of their race or culture background are sinners and all need salvation through Jesus Christ.
(6) That the blood of Jesus Christ and His death and His resurrection provide the only ground for justification and salvation for all who believe, and only such as receive Jesus Christ are born of the Holy Spirit and, thus become children of God. No one can be saved by his own goodness.
(7) That water baptism and the Lord's Supper are important ordinances from the Lord to be observed by the Church during the present age though not the conditions for a person to be saved.
(8) That the true Church is one body, composed of all such persons who accept Christ as the only head and have been regenerated by the Holy Spirit and serve the believers by worshipping together, the holy communion, fellowship, service, witness, and preaching the Gospel; that the true Church is the peace maker through love and suffering, and is the symbol of resurrection and hope.
(9) In the Second Coming of Jesus Christ at the end of world, to judge the living and the dead, which provides the foundation of life and ministry of all believers.
(10) In everlasting life for all believers who resurrect in body, and in ever lost life of non-believers.