It is hard to believe that down-home Robertson family has been around for 8 Seasons already of Duck Dynasty, and it will begin its 9th Season very soon. There is a lot that is going to happen in the 9th Season of the unscripted show about the Robertson family, and this is what is known about Duck Dynasty Season 9 Release Date, Cast, and Updates.
According to Nola, Duck Dynasty will start a new year with a nine-episode ninth season on A&E with back-to-back episodes. Season 9 will wrap up on February 17th with an hour-long season finale that will mark the show's 100th episode.
An A&E News release has revealed some of the Season 9 highlights:
- Willie and Alan agree to help Miss Kay open up her own bakery;
- Jase gets up close and personal with his in-laws;
- Willie recruits family members to settle an old dodgeball score;
- Professional wrestler Kurt Angle helps Jep with his wrestling;
- The Roberson women challenge the men to a high-stakes frogging competition;
- In an effort to raise awareness to wounded veterans, the Duck Commander team stages a color run with the help of retired United States Navy SEAL Marcus Luttrell;
- A Robertson family road trip to move John Luke and Mary Kate into Liberty University. Along the way the family swings by Nashville to visit Willie's friend, country music rapper Colt Ford.
BreatheCast also reports that the college family members have to go to the university and start a new chapter in their education. It is also believed that Kurt Angle's presence on the show is going to challenge the strength and sportsmanship of the masculine members of the Robertson family.
It's hard to believe that they have been around for so long, but Duck Dynasty first premiered in 2012, so its seasons are shorter. The show is not the rating juggernaut that it used to be. Part of it is that Duck Dynasty has become very merchandised, with the Robertson family used to sell Wal-Mart merchandise. Like most fads, some want more of it while others do not.
The show still has a definite demographic that still watch it. It was once the highest rated show on cable among its key demographics; it still pulls in viewers. Last summer's eighth season was ranked as No. 10 among basic cable series in total viewers with 3.44 million, number 9 in adults between the ages of 18 and 49 and number 8 in adults between 25 and 54.
The Season Premiere of Duck Dynasty will happen on January 13th on 9/8 on A&E. Episodes from all eight seasons are available to watch online at the A&E Duck Dynasty site, with 88 in total.