The 2016 Honda Civic is one of the most anticipated cars of 2015. The sedans will be available in many variations including LX, EX, EX-T, EX-L, and Touring Editions. This is what is known about the 2016 Honda Civic Release Date, Specs, and Prices of these editions.
A recent conversation with Sims Honda reveals that "The all new redesigned 2016 Honda Civic will be released either towards the end of 2015 or the beginning of 2016 is our best guess". Considering that it is the end of 2015, one can assume that the beginning of 2016 is the best guess.
According to CarsDirect, the 2016 Civic Sedan has been totally redesigned. The sedan has arrived in full force, and the coupe and the four-door hatchback expecting to arrive within the year along with the Sporty Si and Type R versions.
The MSRP for each vehicle trim is a bit higher than what the Honda site claims to be the starting price. The specs also vary as anything with a 2.0 Liter engine will get you 138 hp, while the 1.5 Liter Turbocharged DOHC will get 174 hp.
- LX: This one has a 2.0 Liter DOHC iVTEC 4-Cylinder Engine, Automatic Climate Control, 16-inch Steel Wheels, Multi-Angle Rearview Camera, Bluetooth phone and audio, Internet radio, 5-inch color LCD Screen, Honda Sensing feature with a City/Highway Rating of 31/41 miles per gallon (mpg). For the LX with Manual Transmission and 2.0 liter engine, it is about $19,745, while the LX CVT 2.0 liter is at $18,640-$20,275.
- EX: The City/Highway Rating is the same as the LX, but it has some extras like a 7-inch Display Audio with Electrostatic Touchscreen, Sunroof, Heated Mirrors, 8-Speaker Display Sound System with Integrated Smartphone Apps, Alloy Wheels, Honda LaneWatch (Blind Spot Monitoring), Smart Entry, Remote Engine Star, Push Button Start, SMS Text Message Function, as well as Apple CarPlay and Google Android Auto. The EX CVT 2.0 liter has a price range of $21,040-$21,875.
- EX-T: This version has a 1.5 Liter turbocharged and Intercooled DOHC 4-Cylinder engine, Dual-Zone Automatic Climate Control System, Remote Starts, Heated Front Seats, Rear Spoiler, Foglamps, 17-inch Wheels, plus Sirius XM Radio and HD Radio. It has a slightly boosted City/Highway Rating at 31/42 mpg, which is the same as the remaining versions. This EX-T CVT 1.5 liter Turbo has a price range of $22,000-$23,035.
- EX-L: Leather is the word for this version as it has Leather Trimmed Seats and Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel and Shift Knob. The Driver's Seat has an 8-way Power Adjustment, and there is an Automatic Dimming Rear view Mirror. The Integrated Navigation System is an Option. The EX-L CVT 1.5 Liter Turbo has a price range of $23,700-$24,535.
- Touring: This edition has LED headlights, Heated Outboard Rear Seats, Front Passenger's Seat with 4-Way Power Adjustment, Standard Navigation, Forward Collision Alert with Automatic Braking, Power Passenger Seat, Rain-Sensing Windshield Wipers, and 450-Watt Premium Audio System with 10 speakers, including subwoofer. The cost range of the Touring CVT with 1.5 Liter Turbo is approximately $26,500-$27,335.