Minecraft fans have been anticipating the next big patch for a while now. On Tuesday, Mojang announced that they would be delaying the release of their update of Minecraft 1.9. Fortunately, it won't be too much longer before the patch will be here.
The long-awaited update, known as Combat Update, or Update 1.9 was originally supposed to arrive in 2015. Last year, however, was the first year where a major update to Minecraft was not released.
The early version of 1.9 has been rolling out in pre-releases, but Mojang revealed on their blog in the form of an update to their announcement of the release date of the 25th of February, that the full 1.9 release will finally be available on the 29th of February. Once the final Minecraft 1.9 update is released, there will be a complete list available to see the changes between Minecraft 1.8 and Minecraft 1.9.
Here's a list of the bugs that they've fixed in their pre-releases of the patch:
Bugs fixed in 1.9-pre3:
- [Bug MC-49888] - World bundled Resources Pack doesn't work on server
- [Bug MC-91173] - Eyes of Ender not targeting any of the new strongholds
- [Bug MC-92079] - The Loading World GUI Overlay allows users to switch to another world while loading another world.
- [Bug MC-92444] - Certain sounds are missing sound event name
- [Bug MC-92525] - Signs only import first word on each line.
- [Bug MC-94394] - black screen instead of credits [MP only]
- [Bug MC-96004] - Books only import first word written
- [Bug MC-97225] - Subtitle mistakes and typos
- [Bug MC-97235] - Resource pack in minecraft world save file not working
- [Bug MC-97389] - Horses are pushed into the wall on dismount
- [Bug MC-97461] - MalformedJsonException when connecting to a 1.8.9 server with 1.9 pre release
- [Bug MC-97491] - Spawner spawns entities with NBT tags and monster with no Pos tag at wrong position
- [Bug MC-97521] - Missing sound for event: minecraft:entity.snowman.ambient
Bugs fixed in 1.9-pre2:
- [Bug MC-35127] - Wrong NBT TAG Type for fallTime in FallingSand Entities
- [Bug MC-35714] - Sounds loop/restart when exiting screens
- [Bug MC-89928] - Portals not placing the player at correct coordinates
- [Bug MC-90101] - Mob Spawner is overwriting (ignoring?) Pos[x,y,z] data of entity
- [Bug MC-91290] - Skeletons with no AI spawning naturally
- [Bug MC-95538] - /playsound command doesn't work with selectors not resolving to exactly one entity
The big changes we'll see in 1.9 will be the fixing of bugs, the shields will have an increased durability, some crystals in the end are protected by cages again, and 34.7% more hype is added.
According to the gamepedia for Minecraft, this will be the longest wait for a major update to the game, since 1.8 was released on September 2nd in 2014. Minecraft is a popular sandbox game in the gaming community, and we're sure that fans are really excited for this update.