The 2016 Chevrolet Camaro Z2th 6th Generation was unveiled earlier this year and is expected to hit the streets as a 2016 model later this year. Luckily for fans of the all-new 2016 Camaro who want to get their hands on this latest model, can start their pre-order.
Chevrolet recently released information on how to pre-order the new 2016 Chevrolet Camaro Z2th 6th Generation starting August or September this year, according to AutoEvolution.
The web site provided a detailed look and specification of the new 2016 Chevy Camaro as well as information or its release and order guide. However, the data sheet does not include the price for the different variants of the 2016 Chevy Camaro but it will allow you to personalize a package that fits your need.
Details from the data sheet showed that the 2016 Chevrolet Camaro will be available in four trim levels. Interestingly, there is an option of a blacked-out bowtie, a feature that is currently available on the Chevrolet Silverado Midnight Edition. This new feature ensures that the 2016 Chevy Camaro will definitely look very much different from its predecessors.
Another option available is the "gold illuminated front bowtie." Other features of the 2016 Chevrolet Camaro include an improved and more powerful engine, wireless charging for your phone, adaptive suspension, and more.
Engineers at Chevrolet completely overhauled the Camaro sports car in for the 2016 model in terms of design and engineering to present a sleeker body, a more powerful engine, and newer interior and exterior details.
"We expect it will set the new benchmark in the segment - and give a new generation of enthusiasts a reason to fall in love with Camaro", said Al Oppenheiser, Camaro chief engineer.
The 2016 Chevy Camaro will set you back $25,000 for the base model. Many industry experts believe the price is quite reasonable compared to the Camaro's closest competition, including the new Mustang and Toyota's new GT86.
Industry blogger GMA Authority disclosed the following details about the performance and engine of the new 2016 Chevy Camaro:
- Vehicle mass has been reduced by 200 pounds or more, depending on the model, creating a more nimble, responsive driving experience
- Most efficient Camaro ever, with a new 2.0L I4 LTG turbo SAE-certified at 275 horsepower (205 kW) and 295 pound-feet (400 Nm) of torque that delivers more than a GM-estimated 30 mpg on the highway, and 0-60 mph acceleration well under 6 seconds
- Efficient performance in a new 3.6L V6 LGX featuring direct injection, continuously variable valve timing and, for the first time, Active Fuel Management (cylinder deactivation) on a six cylinder. The motor makes an SAE-certified 335 horsepower (250 kW) and 284 pound-feet of torque (385 Nm) for the highest specific output of any naturally aspirated V6 in the segment
- The most powerful Camaro SS ever, with a new 6.2L LT1 direct-injected Small Block V8 rated at 455 horsepower (339 kW) and 455 pound-feet of torque (617 Nm)
- Magnetic Ride Control active suspension available on Camaro SS for the first time
- With improved handling and performance, the Camaro SS delivers better lap times than the fifth-generation's track-focused Camaro 1LE package