Relaymedia

Keeping Up With the Kardashians: Khloe Kardashian Regrets Lamar Odom Marriage, Blames Momager Kris Jenner For Failed Romance

( [email protected] ) Nov 05, 2015 12:52 PM EST
The Keeping Up With The Kardashians stars have never been shy around the camera. In fact, the reality show has been an avenue for the public to take a look at the lives of the Kardashian-Jenner brood and watch every member of the family deal with challenges, successes, and other personal matters. Among the stars in the Keeping Up With The Kardashian, Kim Kardashian West, Kourtney Kardashian and Khloe Kardashian have been the most visible to the public. While her sisters embraced the limelight, it has been recently revealed that Khloe Kardashian wanted no part of the fame at some point during her marriage to NBA star Lamar Odom.
Lamar Odom's kids speak out on his behalf -- read their statement Credit: Steve Granitz/WireImage

The Keeping Up With The Kardashians stars have never been shy around the camera. In fact, the reality show has been an avenue for the public to take a look at the lives of the Kardashian-Jenner brood and watch every member of the family deal with challenges, successes, and other personal matters. Among the stars in the Keeping Up With The Kardashian, Kim Kardashian West, Kourtney Kardashian and Khloe Kardashian have been the most visible to the public. While her sisters embraced the limelight, it has been recently revealed that Khloe Kardashian wanted no part of the fame at some point during her marriage to NBA star Lamar Odom.

"At one point, I actually went to the producers and said I needed some time off from the show," revealed Khloe Kardashian via a chapter in her book, titled "Strong Looks Better Naked," according to Radar Online. The Keeping Up With The Kardashians star added, "She took me aside and asked what was wrong," she recalls. "I told her, 'Nothing. I just need some family time.' But she knew. And many others on the set suspected. How could they not?" Khloe Kardashian further revealed, "But I needed the time. I was living 90 percent of my life in front of the cameras, but the other 10 percent was and is sacred."

It could be recalled that the marriage of Khloe Kardashian and Los Angeles Lakers star Lamar Odom went down the drain when the NBA athlete repeatedly got caught engaging in premarital affairs while going through alcohol and drug abuse issues. While these problems are mainly due to Lamar Odom's personal issues, some reports revealed that the constant exposure to the limelight due to the Keeping Up With The Kardashians series fueled his concerns. The Kardashians have gained incredible popularity that even married couple Lamar Odom and Khloe Kardashian was given their own spinoff reality series.

Despite repeated reports that the reality series had been negatively affecting the state of Lamar Odom, pushing him to turn to booze and drugs to deal with the spotlight, the Keeping Up With The Kardashians stars continued to feature the NBA star up until the day Khloe Kardashian decided to file for divorce. With the recent incident involving Lamar Odom, it looks like Khloe Kardashian is no longer allowing momager Kris Jenner to call the shots. It could be observed that the information on the status of the NBA star's recovery had been kept at a minimum. Lamar Odom has not been featured in the Keeping Up With The Kardashians episodes as well. 

Tags : keeping up with the kardashians, kris jenner, Khloe Kardashian, Kanye West, Kim Kardashian, Lamar Odom