With the latest surge of news reports proclaiming that ex-Formula One player Michael Schumacher has passed away, wife Corinna Schumacher has reportedly expressed her worries over such erroneous information.
Corinna is troubled by the false stories about her spouse’s health condition, which have been making the rounds online.
The death hoax phenomenon among celebrities has been widespread over the past months, and Corinna is unhappy that her husband became a victim of such.
The spotlight has always been on Schumacher since he suffered a major injury after his ski accident at the Alps. The ex-F1 champ had gone through two critical brain surgeries and remained in France as he was eventually placed on a medically-induced coma.
In due course, he was brought and admitted to the Lausanne hospital before moving to his Switzerland home.
There have been few updates since Schumacher’s accident in December of 2013. According to The Mirror, such lack of information has resulted to an outcry for more information as well as a multi-million dollar lawsuit.
Last month, the Schumacher family and their legal advisers were obliged to disclose details about Michael, stating that he remains incapable of walking, whether he assisted or not.
The former racing champion’s family lawyer, Felix Damm, released an official statement about his recovery, slamming false reports claiming that his client can already walk.
"I told the court on Friday that the alleged claim that Michael Schumacher can walk again is false and simply not true,” Damm said. “Michael cannot even stand with the help of his special therapists. I cannot make any other comments about Michael's health condition."
Damm previously disclosed these information at a German court when the Schumacher's lawsuit against the Die Bunte, a German magazine, was being discussed.
The news outlet published untruthful details in one of their stories in December of 2015, claiming that Schumacher is already recovering at a pace faster than is expected of him and that he is able to take small steps when assisted.
These claims were immediately debunked by the racer’s longtime manager Sabine Kehm, who confirmed that such reports were false and irresponsible, only giving rise to false hopes among everyone involved, New York Daily News reported.
“Speculation is irresponsible, because given the seriousness of his injuries, his privacy is very important,” Kehm said, contradicting the story. “Unfortunately, (Die Bunte) also gave false hopes to many involved people.”
Schumacher’s family then decided to take legal action against the magazine for publishing false details and for meddling with their private matters. The final outcome is expected to be disclosed this month.
According to The Telegraph, the Schumacher family is asking €40,000-€100,000 for the incursion of the German racer’s privacy.