Relaymedia

Internal Probe on Galaxy Note 7 Is Said To Have Been Finished, Samsung Tightens Security amid Leak of Galaxy S8 Prototype

( [email protected] ) Dec 17, 2016 04:42 AM EST
Samsung is expected to release the result of their investigation on the Galaxy Note 7 battery explosion before the end of the year. In a recent report, the Korean-based company has apparently finished their internal probe. However, they does not seem to be ready to reveal it yet to the public. In addition, the tech giant is said to be tightening its security amid data breach and prototype leak of the upcoming Galaxy S8.
Korean website The Investor recently reported that Samsung has apparently finished its internal investigation on the Galaxy Note 7 battery explosion. However, the tech company is yet to disclose to the public the result of that probe. In addition, the company has also urged its employees to tighten security amid attempts to leak data regarding the upcoming Galaxy S8. TechStage via Flickr

Samsung is expected to release the result of their investigation on the Galaxy Note 7 battery explosion before the end of the year. In a recent report, the Korean-based company has apparently finished their internal probe. However, they do not seem to be ready to reveal it yet to the public. In addition, the tech giant is said to be tightening its security amid data breach and prototype leak of the upcoming Galaxy S8.

Samsung had launched their own investigation into the cause behind the exploding Galaxy Note 7. They also had asked help from outside experts. The Investor previously reported last month that the company might reveal the result of their probe by the end of 2016. Now, the same Korean website said that Samsung has already found out what had caused their ill-fated phablet device to explode.

But it seems that the company is not ready to disclose it yet. Though the said result was shared with outside laboratories like the Korea Testing Laboratory and UL. According to BGR, there are reports that design inconsistencies and rushed released to the market might have played a role in the increased number of affected Galaxy Note 7.

Samsung both recalled and completely discontinued the manufacturing of the Note 7. There are still some units left that are yet to be returned. It has also rolled out several system updates that rendered the remaining phones unusable by cutting off both the WiFi and cellular data. According to the Android Authority, Samsung also plans to issue an update in Europe that will cut the battery charging power by 30 percent. In the US, there will be an update that will prevent the phone from charging at all.

The Investor also mentioned about the company’s action to tighten its security. Apparently, Samsung Electronics’ mobile business chief Koh Dong-jin encouraged employees to do that in an email. This was said to be driven by attempts to leak data of the anticipated next flagship phone of the company. Koh told his employees, “I feel deeply regretful to hear new of the recent attempts at data breach and prototype leak. Samsung had a bitter experience due to the leak of important data – on product design and business strategies – to China and consequently suffered damages in the past.”

Koh’s concern comes at a time when there are only a few months left until the Galaxy S8 will be launched. It should be noted that there have been a number of rumors floating around the web regarding the Galaxy S8. The next high-end Samsung phone is rumored to feature a bezel-less, curved display and an iris scanner. It is likely to be released in April 2017. The company is looking to make a comeback after the Galaxy Note 7 disaster.

Tags : Samsung, Samsung Galaxy Note 7, Samsung Galaxy S8