Bored? Why not mix fun, education, and the Bible together into a game?
Try finding simple questions to test your kids’ knowledge on the Bible. In the process of thinking up the crossword categories and researching the correct answer, you may also learn a thing or two.
1. The number of books in the Bible
2. The person who built the ark.
3. Peter’s name before becoming a disciple.
Charades is a game where you write nouns and verbs on little pieces of paper and then put them into a box where the you take turns acting out the word you chose in a manner that your teammates can guess what the word you chose is. Usually, the team is divided into two groups. No talking is allowed during the charade. There is also a time limit for each turn such as 2 minutes. If the team doesn’t guess the word, then they receive no points and the game turns over to the next team.
Some ideas for words:
1. Christian activities such as: praying, reading the Bible, etc..
2. Biblical happenings such as: Creation , The Fall of Man, Jesus breaking bread, etc..
For this game, a substantial-sized white-dry erase board (or chalkboard) is useful. You pick a word from a container and then try to draw a picture, without talking or gesturing, that will allow your teammates to guess your word.
1. The Miracle of the Five Loaves and Two Fish
2. The Cross
…Use your imagination!