Every year the Assemblies of God sets aside the first Sunday in November to recognize and honor single adults for the contributions they have made to the church and its ministries. Single adults have devoted themselves numerous ways in nursery care, pre-school classes, elementary classes, youth ministries, singles ministries, senior ministries, choir, the mission committee, etc.
According to Single Adult Ministries (SAM) website, in the US,
· 44% of all adults age 18 and older are single or single again
· 46 million adults have never married
· 19.4 million adults are divorced
· 13.5 million adults are widowed
· 36 % of all households are single parent households
· From 1978 -1998 unmarried couple households increased 800% to 5 million
SAM believes it is crucial to recognize abilities and the talents of the single adults and continue to reach, teach, and utilize them for the purpose of expansion of service to Christ.
Here are the upcoming Single Adults events:
Oct 30 - Nov 1 : Single Adult Conference - Mexico City, Mexico
Nov 7 -9 : Regional Single Adult/Young Adult Conference - Kansas City MO
Nov 8 : Second Saturday Singles - Smyrna, TN
Nov 14 -16 : Single Adult Rally - Miami OK
Dec 13 : Second Saturday Singles - Smyrna, TN
For more information, check out their website: http://singles.ag.org/index.cfm