Campus Crusade for Christ International's faculty ministry for Christian professors began its 3rd biennial National Faculty Leadership Conference (NFLC) on June 24.
Christian Leadership Ministries (CLM) is expecting an audience from public and private universities in 34 U.S. states and 14 countries. Representing every major discipline at the conference are Christian professors, their spouses and graduate students.
The NFLC's purpose is to "accelerate networking, help professors pursue excellence in their careers," read a press release. It also aims to "make a lasting, positive impact on academia and the surrounding culture that is so greatly affected by the university."
The late Dr.Bill Bright founded CCC in 1951, which includes the Campus Ministry intended to reach to out to college students. Bright once said that if he would have to do it all over again, he would have worked with professors right from the beginning, according to the CLM Web site, which also claims that professors play a pivotal role in giving students a chance to know someone who walks with Christ.
"Knowing the incredible power of professors' platform, our mission is to reach, equip and encourage professors who are called by God to make a positive difference in the university," said conference director Rich McGee in a statement.
The conference,which is being held at the Hilton Mark Center Hotel in Alexandria, Virginia, will end at noon on Sunday, June 27.
Plenary speakers of NFLC will include respectable names from prestigious educational institutions and organizations. They are:
- Dr. Dallas Willard, Professor of Philosophy, University of Southern California.
- Dr. Walt Larimore, Vice President for Medical Outreach
Focus on the Family
- Dr. Mary Poplin, Dean of the School of Educational Studies and Professor of Education, Claremont Graduate University
- Dr. Crawford Loritts, Associate Director, U.S. Ministries
Campus Crusade for Christ
- Dr. Byron Johnson, Distinguished Professor of Sociology, Baylor University
- Dr. William Lane Craig, Research Professor of Philosophy, Talbot School of Theology
For more information on the NFLC conference, visit its Web site: www.nflc.us.