The Assemblies of God National Children’s Ministries Day has been set for Oct. 24, the fourth Sunday of October, with the theme “Ignited to Serve.”
Mary Boyd, national coordinator of Boys and Girls Missionary Crusade (BGMC) explained that the new theme is taken directly from 2 Timothy 1: 6, which says: “For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands."
Boyd commented, "We want kids to be 'ignited' to serve God through their talents and abilities."
According to Boyd, five ways to ignite a passion for youngsters to serve God are:
* Have the children do something special in the adult service, such be the ushers, lead in prayer, take up the offering or sing a solo.
* Have the children's choir or ministry team do a special presentation.
* Parade the children in and give the congregation the opportunity to see how many kids there are each Sunday.
* Honor your workers. Have special prayer for them.
* Take up a special offering for your children's ministry or for BGMC.
For more information about National Children's Ministries Agency, see its Web site at www.4kids.ag.org