Life is filled with struggles that reveal human inadequacy. Physical problems leave us weak and unable to cope, relational troubles bring confusion and stress, continual battles with bad habits and addictions make us feel defeated, and financial or job demands damage our self-worth. No one likes the frustration and fear of facing challenges which are too big to handle, but God can use them for our good.
Maybe you have never considered inadequacy a blessing. After all, it arouses all sorts of uncomfortable emotions that make us feel useless, insignificant, and weak. But God can turn all the negatives into blessings if we acknowledge our helplessness, depend on His strength, and step into our challenges with confidence in Him.
Inadequacy can be a blessing since it . . .
1. Drives us to God as we recognize our helplessness.
2. Relieves us of the burden of trying to do God’s will in our own strength.
3. Motivates us to live in the power of the Holy Spirit.
4. Provides the Lord an opportunity to demonstrate what He can do.
5. Increases our usefulness to God by humbling our pride.
6. Allows Christ to receive all the glory.
7. Gives peace as we rely on Him.
Through the power of the Holy Spirit, believers have the ability to endure difficulty or accomplish whatever the Lord calls them to do. By claiming the adequacy of Christ, we can face every circumstance with a sense of awesome confidence, not in ourselves but in God, who is totally capable.
Used with permission from In Touch Ministries, Inc. © 2010
All Rights Reserved.