This year Easter Sunday falls on April 21, 2019. It is a time when Christians celebrate the resurrection of our Lord, Jesus Christ, and also think about the new life that we have in Jesus.
Easter Bible verses help us to meditate on the crucifixion, burial, and resurrection of Jesus. These verses help us to focus on the risen Christ and bring us hope for our eternal home in Heaven.
Here are the 10 favorite Easter Bible verses on the death and resurrection of Christ:
1. Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe in this?" John 11:25-26
2. "For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God." 1 Co 1:18
3. "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead." 1 Peter 1:3
4. "Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him. For we know that since Christ was raised from the dead, he cannot die again; death no longer has mastery over him. The death he died, he died to sin once for all; but the life he lives, he lives to God. In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus." Romans 6:8-11
5. "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16
6. "Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting? The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Co 15:55-57
7. "Surely he took up our infirmities and carried our sorrows, yet we considered him stricken by God, smitten by him and afflicted. But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed." Isa 53:4-5
8. "Who is he that condemns? Christ Jesus, who died---more than that, who was raised to life-- is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us." Romans 8:34
9. "If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." Romans 10:9
10. "Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus. Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and become obedient to death --- even death on a cross! Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." Php 2: 5-11
Here are other related articles: