Celebrate Mother's Day with Bible verses, prayers and poems for all moms, grandmas, wives, mother-in-laws to encourage and inspire!
Bible Verses about role of a mother and wife
1. "Love is patient; love is kind. Love is not jealous; is not proud; is not conceited; does not act foolishly; is not selfish; is not easily provoked to anger; keeps no record of wrongs; takes no pleasure in unrighteousness, but rejoices in the truth; love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, and endures all things." ~ I Corinthians 13:4-7.
2. "Children, obey your parents in the Lord, because this is right. Honor your father and mother which is the first commandment with a promise - that it may go well with you and that you may have a long life." ~Ephesians 6:1-3
3. "Teach your children to choose the right path, and when they are older, they will remain upon it." ~ Proverbs 22:6
4. "May your father and mother be glad; may she who gave you birth be rejoice!"~ Proverbs 23:25
5. "A kindhearted woman gains respect."~Proverbs 11:16
6. "So be happy with your wife, and find joy with the woman you married."~Proverbs 5:18
7. "He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the Lord." ~Proverbs 18:22
8. "You made all of the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother's womb." ~ Psalm 139:13
9. "The wise woman builds her house, but with her own hands the foolish one tears hers down." ~Proverbs 14:1
10."A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies.
Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value.
She brings him good, not harm all the days of her life.
She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come.
She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue.
She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness.
Her children arise and call her blessed;her husband also, and he praises her: "Many women do noble things,but you surpass them all."
Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.
Give her the reward she has earned, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate." ~Proverbs 31:10-12 and 25-31
Mother's Day Christian poems
A mother who always cares,
A mother who's always there.
A mother who always prays,
A mother who always stays.
When things get rough,
When life gets tough,
When all is just too much to bear,
God's Word she shares.
God's light she shines.
So blessed God made this mother mine.
~ Author unknown
God took the fragrance of a flower...
The majesty of a tree...
The gentleness of morning dew...
The calm of a quiet sea...
The beauty of the twilight hour...
The soul of a starry night...
The laughter of a rippling brook...
The grace of a bird in flight...
Then God fashioned from these things
A creation like no other,
And when his masterpiece was through
He called it simply - Mother.
Mothers have a special way
Of saying, 'I love you',
A love that God has given them,
A love that will hold true
For Mothers sacrifice so much,
Providing for the home,
Creating there an atmosphere
That reflects God's love alone.
Mother's Day Christian quotes
The loveliest materpiece of the heart of God is the love of a Mother. -St. Therese of Lisieux
Motherhood is more than a stage—
it’s a lifelong calling from God.
With it He gives us hearts that love deeply,
hands that serve tirelessly, and vision to see
His blossoming image in the precious ones
entrusted to our care
Prayers for Moms on Mother's Day
May you know the love of God,
More and more each day
And know how much He values you
In every little way
Today, we want to let you know,
We appreciate what you do
And we want you to know that we
Are thinking now of you.
We just want to thank the Lord
For a Mother such as you,
You were there throughout the years
Whatever we went through
And we just want to say that we
Love you so very much
And we're praying that the Lord
Will shower you in love.
We just want to let you know
How much that we love you
As a Mother and a Grandmother,
You've shown what love can do
For you are a true example
Of a Mother's tender love,
And a demonstration of Godly faith
That you've passed down to us.