Two years ago, the Moto X hit the market, and it was followed by a Moto X second generation one year later. During the same year, the Moto 360 smartwatch began to hit the public, and now it will soon be followed by a Moto 360 2nd generation model as well. By the way, a Moto X 2015 edition is on the way, and this is what we know about the Moto X 2015 and Moto 360 2nd Gen release dates, image leaks, and rumors, as well as five features that we want to see.
A recent post on Gotta Be Mobile has revealed the image that you can see here of the possible Moto X 2015, and as far as the specs go, they long very similar to ones that have surfaced before. According to Phone Arena, there has been a leak of the third generation Motorola Moto X specs, and here are some of the five features that are wanting to be seen.
- From what it looks like, the 2015 Moto X will have a 5.2-inch screen (1440 x 2560 resolution) which is identical to that of the DROID Turbo.
- It looks like on the inside will have an 8-core Snapdragon 810 processor with 4 GB of RAM. There will be two variants, one with 32 GB and the other with 64 GB with a micro-SD sot for user expandable storage.
- The rear camera will be a 16 Megapixel model, as we stated before, while the front-facing one will be at 5 Megapixels.
- You should expect the camera to have Android 5.1.1 installed, and that had better switch to Android M later.
- As for the battery, it has a 3,280 mAh one, which will hopefully be good on long days.
As for the release date of the Moto X3 (aka Motorola Moto X 3rd generation or 2015 edition) the Latino Post expects a September release. According to Ubergizmo, Motorola's president, Rick Osterloh, was on Twitter to give away the Moto X 2015 release date. Osterloh was merely responding to a question from a customer, and he stated that Motorola is trying to stay on an annual cycle for all their products including the Moto X. In other words, since the Moto X was released in 2014 around August/September, this means that this year's Moto X will appear around that time as well for 2015.
As far as the Moto 360 2, the second generation of the smartwatch, even the most recent reports state that an exact Moto 360 2 release date has not been confirmed yet. Some have suggested it might be "closer than you think". The specs on the Moto 360 2 are also unclear, but there are some rumors, according to Trusted Reviews. Here are the five features that consumers will want to see from that device:
- It could keep its predecessor's 1.56 round form, but there could also be a reduced-size option available as well.
- The Moto 360 2 could also be receiving a "resolution boost" from 320 x 290 to 320 x 320.
- Then there is the issue of battery life which will also need boosting.
- Considering that we live in a post Apple Watch world, a lot of smartwatch manufacturers are going to have to up their game to compete with Apple's attempt to corner the smartwatch market.
- The last feature would be a definite release date. It was expected at Google's I/O, but this just didn't happen.