WWE 2K16 was recently promoted at Gamescom 2015, where a number of gameplay details were revealed. The most notable improvement can be seen in reversals. The expected release date for WWE 2K16 is October 27, 2015. Meanwhile, Hulk Hogan has been removed as a DLC for WWE 2K15.
Gameplay Details in WWE 2K16
Reversals have been revamped in WWE 2K16. Previously, players found such maneuvers to be tricky to master. Even worse, the moves often resulted in never-ending draws.
In WWE 2K16, however, players only get a set number of reversals. Once used up, the stock of reversals will regenerate very slowly. Hence, gamers are encouraged to use their stock sparingly. Still, players can reserve their quota for mid-move reversals that are exciting to watch.
The following were revealed in the latest report from IGN:
- MyCareer is back, and this time it goes a lot further, all the way to you gaining admission to the WWE Hall of Fame.
- Create a Diva, Create a Show, Create an Arena, and Create a Championship are back in!
- WWE Universe: Wrestlers can now be booked to multiple shows
- Online has been "overhauled."
- Three-man commentary team, with John "Bradshaw" Layfield joining King and Cole.
- Ladder, handicap, and tornado tag match types added back in.
- No loading screens between entrances, and you can assault opponents during their entrance!
- Improved ref and manager AI.
Stone Cold to Be on WWE 2K16 Cover
Iconic wrestler, Stone Cold Steve Austin, will grace the cover of WWE 2K16 as confirmed in a trailer in July. The video showed the Austin digging up his belt from 1990s, before dusting it off and laying it on his shoulder.
This confirmed earlier rumors that Austin will play a role in the game. The general consensus is that the Texas Rattlesnake will have his very own game mode, though details have yet to be revealed.
Hulk Hogan DLC Removed from WWE 2K15
Wrestling Hall-of-Fame legend, Hulk Hogan, has been removed as a DLC character in WWE 2K15. As of now, the Hulk Hogan DLC for WWE 2K15 is no longer available for purchase. Customers who have already purchased the DLC will no longer be able to access the content.
This latest development occurred after Hogan was caught making a racist tirade during a radio interview. What Hulk Hogan said was covered in greater detail by the National Enquirer.
Afterwards, WWE began distancing itself from the disgraced pro-wrestler. This included stripping Hulk Hogan of his Hall-of-Fame title, and removing references to the former superstar on the official website. Also, all Hulk merchandises were pulled from WWE Shop shelves.