There are a lot of fighting games available to play on the PS4 and Xbox One, such as Mortal Kombat X and Street Fighter V (coming in February). Tekken is also one of those really successful fighting game franchises that will probably always be around, as Tekken 7 was released to arcades in Japan, and ready to come to the PS4 console. Tekken 7 is actually the ninth installment of the Tekken series, and this is what we know about the Tekken 7 Release Date, Characters, and possible release to the Xbox One.
The last report about Tekken 7 was that it is still in its beta stage, according to a report one month ago from the Day Herald. IGN reports that the game is celebrating the 20th anniversary, and taking it to the "next evolution of the fighting king franchise." Tekken 7 will also return to its gameplay roots with classic 1 vs. 1 bouts and a "canon storyline" concerning the struggle for power among the Mishima clan. A newcomer Kazumi Mishima will be fighting, and there will be a battle between father and son, husband and wife, and come to a "fated conclusion" in Tekken 7.
Tekken 7 will have 28 playable fighters, with 20 on the initial launch, with others making appearances later. The returning fighters are: Alisa Bosconovitch, Asuka Kazama, Bryan Fury, Devil Jin, Feng Wei, Heihachi Mishima, Hwarang, Jin Kazama, Kazuya Mishima/Devil Kazuya, King, Lars Alexandersson, Leo Kliesen, Lili Rochefort, Ling Xiaoyu, Marshall Law, Paul Phoenix, Sergei Dragunov, Steve Fox, and Yoshimitsu.
The new fighters for Tekken 7 include:
- Kazumi Mishima: This fighter possesses the Devil Gene, and fights with Hachijo Style Karate.
- Claudio Serafino: This fighter has some Sirius magic, and attempting to stop the Devil Gene.
- Josie Rizal: A young Flipino woman who fights with kickboxing and Eskrima.
- Shaheen: This Saudi Arabian fighter has his own unique style.
- Katarina Alves: A Brazilian fighter who uses Savate in combat.
- Lucky Chloe: Fans of anime/otaku should enjoy this character who dresses like a kitten and fights like a tiger.
- Gigas: This would be the cyborg of the group, complete with machine parts grafted on his flesh.
In addition to those characters, there are reports that Akuma of Street Fighter is going to be incorporated into the game as a playable character thanks to a special update. This would be the Fated Retribution update, and a trailer was released to show off various aspects of this update.
Unfortunately, news concerning the release date of the game from the director Katsuhiro Harada has revealed that there still isn't a formal release date for the PS4 or Xbox One. It is, at least, confirmed that it will be coming out for the PS4 and Xbox One at the Paris Games Week in October.
So far, there isn't any confirmation that a PC version of the game will show up, but that hasn't stopped rumors from brewing about it, as games such as Killer Instinct and Mortal Kombat X have been welcomed by PC users.