Do you own the Moto X Pure from Motorola? Well, we all know that Lenovo owns the smartphone bit of Motorola at the moment, so it is no surprise to hear that the company has already published the changelog of the Android 7.0 Nougat update for the Moto X Pure. In other words, the Moto X Pure is about to be on the receiving end of the Android 7.0 Nougat update in due time, making it the first major update for the smartphone ever since it December 2015. Wow, that is certainly a long time ago, as in December 2015, the Moto X Pure Edition smartphone picked up the Android 6.0 Marshmallow update. Now that the changelog is published, it is only a matter of time before the Android 7.0 Nougat update arrives for the handset. No surprise, considering how the device had already entered the soak test stage.
So, what are some of the changes and improvements that we can expect when Android 7.0 Nougat hits the Moto X Pure? There will definitely be improvement in the mobile experience, thanks to new multitasking features, a more efficient notification control as well as improved data saver and battery features. Upon installation of Android 7.0 Nougat, one ought to be able to check out these noticeable changes on the Moto X Pure :-
- Quick switch between apps: Multitasking has never become easier on the Moto X Pure. All that one needs to do is to double tap the overview/recent apps button in order to switch between the two most recently used apps.
- Multi-window view: Android Nougat will bring multi-window view support to the masses, letting you run a couple of apps side-by-side. This means not having your YouTube sessions interrupted while you handle another text messaging task. Multi-window view can be activated by long-pressing the overview/recent apps button, as long as there is a compatible app that runs. Half of the responsibility will fall on the app's developer to enable multi-window view.
- Work mode: For Android for Work users, Android Nougat will arrive with a spanking new work mode toggle so that users can conveniently turn on and off the device's work apps as well as related notifications in order to enjoy a better work-life balance.
- Data saver: Data saver will provide more mileage for your monthly data plan since it reduces cellular data usage. Each time Data saver is turned on, apps that run in the background will be unable to access cellular data. You will have full control over the kind of apps that have unrestricted cellular data access.
- Doze on the Go: Android Nougat sports an improved Doze mode, ensuring that the Moto X Pure will enter lower power usage whenever you are not using it, especially when the screen is turned off.
With all of these features set to arrive on the Moto X Pure thanks to the Android 7.0 Nougat update, you might want to make the necessary preparations on your smartphone to free up space for when the update arrives. It looks like there is still some life left in the old device yet!