“The Gospel Herald is the leading online Christian news media in the world, providing daily breaking news reports on topics dealing with Christian communities, current events, and all other subject fields, including world news, church, religion, politics, entertainment, sports, technology, science, business, health, and more. The Gospel Herald Chinese Edition is the leading Chinese Christian news website, featuring daily news reports and a database of news relevant to the global Chinese Christian context.”
Publisher/CEO : Eunice Or
Board of Directors : Eunice Or, Chris Mak, Susanna Lam
Gospel Herald is an evangelical, trans-denominational, Christian media company which serves to provide direct, and current news information to the general Christian public.
Gospel Herald upholds the dictum found in Mathew 5:9 , "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God." In the midst of immensely secularized teachings of the gospel, Gospel Herald partakes in delivering only the veracity of the words of Jesus Christ.
Gospel Herald views all denominations as equal constituents of the body of Christ and in preserving its identity as an impartial Christian media source, does not promote or demote any denomination and/or Christian congregations.
1. We believe that the Bible, consisting of Old and New Testaments only, is verbally inspired by the Holy Spirit, is inerrant in the original manuscripts, and is the infallible and authoritative Word of God.
2. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, all men have guilt imputed; regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
4. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
5. We believe that salvation consists in the remission of sins, the imputation of Christ's righteousness, and the gift of eternal life received by faith alone, apart from works.
6. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
7. We believe that the Church, the body of Christ, consists only of those who are born again, who are baptized by the Holy Spirit into Christ at the time of regeneration, for whom He now makes intercession in heaven and for whom He will come again.
8. We believe that the return of Jesus Christ is imminent, and that it will be visible and personal.
9. We believe that Christ commanded the Church to go into all the world and preach the gospel to every person, baptizing and teaching those who believe.
San Francisco Office
800 W. El Camino Real, Suite 180
Mountain View, CA 94040
For more information, please visit contact us.
The following terms and conditions (the "Terms and Conditions") govern your use of this web site or application provided to you by The Gospel Herald Inc. or one of its subsidiaries, and any content, features or functionality made available from or through this web site, including any subdomains thereof, or application (the "Web Site"). The Web Site Gospelherald.com is made available by The Gospel Herald Inc. or its subsidiaries ("we" or "us" or "our"), each of which have adopted these Terms and Conditions with regard to its web site. We may change the Terms and Conditions from time to time, at any time without notice to you, by posting such changes on the Web Site. BY USING THE WEB SITE, YOU ACCEPT AND AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AS APPLIED TO YOUR USE OF THE WEB SITE. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, you may not access or otherwise use the Web Site.
The materials contained on the Web site are provided by Gospelherald.com as a service to you for your noncommercial, personal use on an "as is, as available" basis and may be used by you for information purposes only. You acknowledge that you are using the Web site at your own risk. Gospelherald.com assumes no responsibility for error or omissions in these materials. Gospelherald.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. Gospelherald.com makes no, and expressly disclaims any and all, representations or warranties, express or implied, regarding the Gospelherald.com Web site, including without limitation the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of text, graphics, links, products and services, and other items accessed from or via the Web site, or that the Web site will be uninterrupted, error-free, or free of viruses or other harmful components. No advice or information given by Gospelherald.com or any other party on the Web site shall create any warranty or liability.
Gospelherald.com does not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the results of the use of the materials at the Web site in terms of their correctness, accuracy, timeliness, reliability, or otherwise. Under no circumstances shall Gospelherald.com or any of its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, or their respective partners, officers, directors, employees, or agents be held liable for any damages, whether direct, incidental, indirect, special, or consequential, and including, without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, arising from or in connection with your use, reliance on, or performance of the information on the Web site.
Gospelherald.com periodically schedules system downtime for maintenance and other purposes. Unplanned outages also may occur. Gospelherald.com shall have no liability for the resulting unavailability of the Web site or for any loss of data or transactions caused by planned or unplanned system outages, or any outages of webhost providers or the Internet infrastructure and network external to the Web site.
1. Copyright All materials published on the Web site are protected by copyright laws, and may not be reproduced, republished, distributed, transmitted, resold, displayed, broadcast, or otherwise exploited in any manner without the express written permission of either Gospelherald.com or, in the case of content licensed by Gospelherald.com from third parties, the entity that is credited as the copyright holder of such licensed content.
You may download freely accessible material (one copy per page) from this Web site for your personal and noncommercial use; or for ministerial or educational purposes only, without altering or removing any trademark, copyright, or other notice from such material; you must pay a fee to access articles from our archives and our premium online content. This permission is granted with the understanding that no more than 1000 copies will be made, the material is distributed free of charge, and that the following credit line appears on each manufactured copy:
"This article first appeared in the (insert date) issue of The Gospel Herald. Used with permission."
The Gospel Herald does not grant permission for its articles to appear on a non-GH online site; you may however use a one-paragraph summary that is no longer than 50 words with a direct link to the full article available on www.Gospelherald.com.
For any other use, advance permission must be obtained from the author. Please contact the general administrator for copyright permission via our Contact Us page or by sending a letter and self-addressed envelope to the address below:
The Gospel Herald
800 W. El Camino Real, Suite 180
Mountain View, CA 94040
General Information: 650-336-7086
In the event you believe that any content posted on the Web site infringes your copyright or other intellectual-property rights, you may notify Gospelherald.com by providing the information required by the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Action of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. 512, to Gospelherald.com's copyright administrator:
The Gospel Herald
800 W. El Camino Real, Suite 180
Mountain View, CA 94040
Attention: Intellectual Property Rights
2. User Generated Content Gospelherald.com, through its forums, provides users an opportunity to post content to the Web site. Gospelherald.com does not necessarily endorse, support, sanction, encourage, or agree with content posted by users. You shall not post or transmit any unlawful threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane, or indecent information of any kind, including without limitation any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate and local, state, national, or international law, or infringe upon another's copyright or trademark. You understand that all information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, video, messages, or other materials posted or transmitted in a Gospelherald.com forum, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, is the sole responsibility of the person from whom such content originated. This means that you, and not Gospelherald.com, are entirely and solely responsible for all content that you upload, post, or otherwise transmit via the Web site. Gospelherald.com does not and cannot review the content posted by users and is not responsible for such content. However, Gospelherald.com shall have the right, but not the obligation, to delete, move, or edit any content that violates this agreement or is otherwise objectionable as determined by Gospelherald.com in its sole discretion and without notice.
Furthermore, Gospelherald.com reserves the right to terminate, without notice, subscriber's access for any activity related to threatening to injure, intimidate, interfere with, oppress or otherwise coerce any other person in connection with the free exercise or enjoyment of any right or privilege guaranteed to him or her under the United States or any national or state constitution on account of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, disability, gender or sexual orientation or because the subscriber perceives that another has one or more of these characteristics. This includes, but is not limited to, threats to inflict evil, injury or damage on another individual.
If you upload, post, or otherwise transmit content to the Web site, you acknowledge that any such submissions may be edited, removed, modified, published, transmitted, and displayed by Gospelherald.com in any medium now existing or hereinafter invented, and for any purpose, including commercial uses. You waive any moral rights you may have in having the material edited, removed, modified, published, transmitted, or displayed in a manner not agreeable to you.
You agree to indemnify Gospelherald.com and its parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and each of their respective partners, officers, directors, employees, and agents, against, and to hold each of them harmless from, any and all claims and liabilities (including attorney's fees) that may arise from your submissions, from your unauthorized use of material obtained from the Web site, from your breach of these Terms and Conditions, and from any such acts arising through your use of the Web site.
Gospelherald.com reserves the right to release subscriber information to comply with an investigation into any activity which violates these terms, and may report such activity to the appropriate authorities. Third Party Content Provider Notices
4. Third Party Content Provider Notices AFP text, photo, and graphic material shall not be published, broadcast, rewritten for broadcast or publication, or redistributed directly or indirectly in any medium. Neither the AFP materials nor any portion thereof may be stored in a computer except for personal and noncommercial use. AFP will not be held liable for any delays, inaccuracies, errors, or omissions therefrom or in the transmission or delivery of all or any part thereof or for any damages arising from any of the foregoing.
Associated Press text, photo, and graphic material shall not be published, broadcast, rewritten for broadcast or publication, or redistributed directly or indirectly in any medium. Neither the AP materials nor any portion thereof may be stored in a computer except for personal and noncommercial use. AP will not be held liable for any delays, inaccuracies, errors, or omissions there from or in the transmission or delivery of all or any part thereof or for any damages arising from any of the foregoing.
5. Premium Online Content Purchasers of premium online content are not permitted to share, distribute, sell, or otherwise transfer their password to other individuals. The password is for the purchaser's sole use. Significant or unusual use of a single password (including but not limited to significant use of a single password on multiple computers) could result in suspension of that password. Premium online content is protected by copyright laws, and may not be reproduced, republished, distributed, transmitted, resold, displayed, broadcast, or otherwise exploited in any manner without the express written permission of Gospelherald.com.
6. Featured Services Gospelherald.com is committed to providing visitors to its site with as many features as possible. The companies that Gospelherald.com selects as featured services providers offer products and services that site visitors may find useful. Gospelherald.com in certain cases may have a business relationship with certain third parties that it selects as a featured service providers. Gospelherald.com is not responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any advice or information given, or of any statement made, by the companies providing featured services, or for the content, services, products, or advertising on or available from their Web sites, or for the availability and operations of their Web sites. Jurisdiction
7. Jurisdiction You agree that any claim, action, or proceeding arising out of these Terms and Conditions, or your use of the Web site, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Washington DC applicable to contracts to be wholly performed therein, and any action based on or alleging a breach of this Agreement must be brought in a state or federal court in Washington DC. In addition, you agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts.
9. Web Site Users Gospelherald.com generally collects personally identifiable information such as a name, postal address, E-mail address, telephone number, or credit card information with your specific knowledge and consent.
10. How does the Web site use information supplied by me? Occasionally, visitors to our Web site may be asked to supply certain personally identifying information, which is then retained by Gospelherald.com. For example, we ask you for certain information if you choose to subscribe to our E-mail newsletters, register with our online discussion forums, or purchase either articles from our archives or our premium online content. If you choose to give us personally identifying information at such time, such information will be retained by us and used only to provide you with products or services you have requested, or with additional information from Gospelherald.com about Gospelherald.com, its affiliates, or selected outside companies whose products or services we feel may be of use to you. Any information from selected outside companies will be transmitted by Gospelherald.com so that such companies will not have access either to your E-mail address or to your other personally identifying information. Moreover, we will not sell or rent any personally identifying information obtained through the Web site to any other company or organization.
If, at some point after giving Gospelherald.com your personally identifying information, you do not wish to continue to receive additional information from Gospelherald.com about Gospelherald.com, its affiliates, or selected outside companies, in general, you may opt out by submitting a request via our Contact Us page with the words "remove my name" in the subject line of your E-mail; in the case of our E-mail newsletters, you also may follow the procedures at our E-mail newsletter registration page.
From time to time, the personally identifying information that you provide to us may be shared with our suppliers or service providers who assist us in maintaining and managing our newsletters, our archives, our premium online content, our online discussion forums, and other activities on the Web site. Such suppliers or service providers may use your personally identifying information only in the course of providing services to Gospelherald.com, but they may not use such information for other purposes.
While your individual information is protected as discussed above, Gospelherald.com reserves the right to use such individual information to create aggregated, anonymous data about users in order to develop statistics about activity on and visitors to the Web site. In addition, Gospelherald.com may disclose personal information if we in good faith believe that such action is necessary to (1) comply with the law or with legal process; (2) protect and defend our rights and property; (3) protect against misuse or unauthorized use of the Web site; or (4) protect the personal safety, property, or rights of our users or the public.
11. What are "cookies" and how do you use them? "Cookies" are pieces of information that are placed by a Web site in a storage place on your computer. Cookies do not contain information that is, in itself, personally identifying. Gospelherald.com places cookies on your computer in a limited way to help deliver advertisements, to calculate unique site visitors, and to track usage throughout our site. Other uses include placement of cookies to make the login process more convenient for users of our E-mail newsletters, our archives, our premium online content, and our online discussion forums. In addition, some advertisers may place cookies on your computer. We do not have control over cookies placed by advertisers.
12. How is my credit card information used when I make a purchase? When you make a purchase, we ask you to provide your credit card information so that we can process your payment. During the ordering process, such credit card information is transmitted to Gospelherald.com (in the case of our premium online content) or (in the case of our archives, subscriptions, and mail order products) to one of our suppliers or service providers. In both cases, credit card information is then transmitted to third-party credit card processors and card issuers that must use your information to process your order.
13. Children's Online Privacy Protection Act No one under the age of 13 should provide any personal information. In general, Gospelherald.com does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If in limited circumstances we do knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13, we will do so only with verified parental consent prior to collection. In the event that we learn that we have collected information from a child under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete this information from our database as quickly as possible. If you believe the Web site has any information about anyone under 13, please contact us via our Contact Us page.
14. About Advertising We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Web site. These companies may use aggregated information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, please see: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp